----- (240)

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Admins
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 10:32 PM by Nyx. Edited 3 times in total. Edited 3 times in total.)
Absences & Scarcities

If you will be away from Ardent for an extended amount of time, or real life is just catching up and you'll be slower, please post here so that we have records of it, and other people may see what's going on. Fill out the form below and you're all set.

Having an absence notice here excuses you from having challenges made for your pack while you are gone (unless extenuating circumstances cause a consistent prolonging in your leave), and will also be excused from alpha activity checks for the week. However, this also means that if you are caught posting you will be removed from this list and expected to complete alpha activity checks as usual.

Having a scarcity notice up means that you are not excused from site activity checks, but must still meet alpha requirements as needed.

Make sure to edit your post here when you get back saying that the absence is no longer in effect or post in maintenance to have the post deleted.

To be clear. When on an absence, if you are caught posting from the start date of your absence or anywhere in between, until the end date of your absence, you will be removed from the absent list. Meaning, that if you are an Alpha, you will be expected to meet the Alpha requirements, and answer any challenges. Regular members will also be expected to answer any challenges made to them. Alphas may be excused from posting for 1 OOC week only and must have posted that absence by Wednesday on the week they want excused.

On a scarcity notice, Alphas are still required to meet the alpha requirements and answer any challenges. Regular members are also expected to answer any challenges.

Code:
<b>Type:</b> Absence or scarcity?
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Characters:</b>
<b>Date leaving:</b>
<b>Date returning:</b>
<b>Why?:</b>

Kaede

Pirates Plunder
Baby pirate

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Kristen
08-15-2022, 12:27 AM
Type: Scarcity
Name: Kristen
Characters: All
Date leaving: Today
Date returning: Mid October
Why?: Covering a maternity leave so it’s basically a full time teaching position until mid October! Posts will mainly be on weekends
Kaede has 3 companions: a male oversized Cardinal named Chirp and 2 female, bonded Giant Otters named Ping and Pong. Assume they're always around unless stated otherwise.
Mutations: dextrous front paws, a pair of water deer tusks and rings of spikes hidden under her fur on the latter half of her tail like an armadillo girdled lizard.

Dragon Mod

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Rapid Poster - RainbowPride - DemisexualEaster 2022Toys for Tots 2021
09-06-2022, 01:09 AM
Name: Dragon
Characters: all
Date leaving: -
Date returning: -
Why?: more of a super late PSA lol.
Since I started work, my schedule is pretty much full time (9am-6pm weekdays) and anywhere from 8am/10am - 5/7pm weekends. Wednesdays & Fridays are my days off. I am also up at 4:30am weekdays to take bf to work, coming back, and getting myself and Ember ready for school and work.

I still try to do at least a couple of posts when I get home from work but sometimes I'm just too tired to manage so Wednesdays & Fridays are my main posting days to knock out as much as I can. Anything with deadlines or important threads/posts (skills, prompts, meetings, time sensitive stuff like raids, etc) take priority during working days!

I'm also not opposed to being bugged for replies to certain threads if I don't have any time sensitive things to reply to, just shoot me a dm so I can pin it/add it to the list so I don't forget, cuz tbh sometimes with my brain being mush after all that, I tend to forget ^^;

That is all.

Recluse

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (115)

Master Fighter (283)

Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
09-07-2022, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 07:19 PM by Recluse. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)
Name: Lolaf
Characters: All of em
Date leaving: 07/09/22
Date returning: Unknown
Why?: My mental health is still spiraling, I'm not rock bottom but I'm at the lowest I've been in nearly 5 years. There's just so much shit on me right now and I'm just doing what I can to make sure I don't get to the absolute lowest my mental health can go, for an indefinite amount of time I will only be posting as I have the energy for it, and only push myself to post for checks and important deadlines. I'm not currently in crisis but I'm trying to make sure I don't go into it at this point and need to put taking care of myself first. I ask that at this time if I have not responded to something of yours to please not poke me about it, unless I specifically ask for threads I've missed, trust me I know where my posts are needed but I am making the choice to just take things at the pace that feels right any given day. Thank you.

Edit 11/30/2022 - My executive dysfunction is running unchecked and it's adding to the spiral. I genuinely cannot seem to make myself do anything, please be patient with me I'm fighting with literal impeded brain functions and it's exhausting. The extremely simplified explanation is something isn't functioning as is "typical" in my frontal lobe making it difficult to do things, literally to the point of it hurting and oftentimes being literally impossible to "force" myself to do anything. And every single coping mechanism I've had growing up to deal with this doesn't work anymore so I literally do not know how to make it better. Shit's real bad right now and I do not know how to cope, so please please please understand I am trying but cannot promise any level of activity for the time being while I'm still trying to get a diagnosis, while I'm still trying to find anything that will give me a semblance of control over my life again.
[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Beau-tifullyWritten

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Beau-tifullyWritten
09-26-2022, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 03:38 PM by Beau-tifullyWritten. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)
Name: Beau-tifullyWritten
Date leaving: A little bit ago.
Date returning: Unknown.
Why?:

(Edit 10/28/22)

Still recovering and adjusting to medication and playing catch up.

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Skelle

Easter 2022
10-03-2022, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:17 AM by Skelle. Edited 2 times in total. Edited 2 times in total.)
Edit 10/29

Type: Absence until mid-november probably, then scarcity until end of December/early January at the earliest
Name: skelle
Characters: all of them
Date leaving: 10/3
Date returning: possibly november whenever morte and phantasm are born, but I will likely remain scarce for a while.
Why?: I need a mental break from the chat and ardent as a whole. Unfortunately, I have found ardent to be quite stressful lately and I need time to step back and focus on other projects and hobbies. Once I do return, I will be scarce due to the holiday season picking up as November and December are exhausting months for groomers and my hands often don't function well, if at all really, after work during the holiday season.

I will only be handling event posts and widows birthing thread until then. If a mandatory pack thing happens between now and mid-november, please DM me and I will do my best but this is exactly the stress I'm trying to avoid right now. The event is enough stress as it is.

NachoMumma

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NachoMumma

Rapid Poster - Silver
10-10-2022, 03:35 AM
Name: NachoMumma
Date leaving: 10/10
Date returning: Probably Christmas
Why?: Work/study load. I will post when i can (my Sunday/everyone else’s Saturday is probably best bet) lots of 6 day work weeks, 40 puppies to find carers for and 2 courses that finish in December. If I am needed, tag me or send me a DM on discord and i will prioritise. Will have a 5 day weekend early November, but then back to the grind.

Jynn

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (260)

Scout & Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - RainbowFestival OrganizerWordy
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow PokeWealthyRenowed Explorer
Underground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern ExplorerNorthern ExplorerSouthern Explorer
GlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy CatHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
10-28-2022, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 07:06 PM by Jynn. Edited 3 times in total. Edited 3 times in total.)
Type: Scarcity (maybe absence this weekend? will do my best to finish event thread replies it might be ONLY event replies I can manage)
Name: Lunarcat7
Characters: -gestures to player database-
Date leaving: October 29 (10:05 am central time)
Date returning: December 31 (October 31 for absence)
Why?:

This weekend is going to be super busy, helping my mom with canning, decorating and making costumes for trunk or treat, getting together with friends, etc.

November - December is busy season at work and it's about to get super crazy. One of the other developers got canned and we have 9 projects heading down the pipeline. There are only 3 of us and the other two are still working on a giant application project so guess who is picking up the slack? Yea I was told to "strap in". Also, holidays.

For the love of all that is holy please no body go starting any more tier 1's. I legit will not have brain space to judge those suckers til 2023, not even kidding. xD

EDIT: b/c apparently it wasn't enough I'm going through the home buying process and will be moving before the end of the year. More absences likely incoming.

Beau-tifullyWritten

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Beau-tifullyWritten
11-16-2022, 10:08 PM
Type: Absence
Name: Beau-tifullyWritten
Date leaving: 11/16
Date returning: 11/22
Why?:

Working on slowly cleaning up the apartment, and Pokemon Scarlett and Violet are dropping soon so undoubtedly my husband will be encouraging me to play. Not to mention I have some non-Ardent things to take care of as well this month as I actually got a good amount of commissions rolled in. I will be back after alpha check and should be ready and raring to go with some more posting. Mainly putting this up because I don't want Ethne to get hit with an activity strike just because I'm a bit busier than expected. Love y'all! I will be prioritizing Bellamy threads when I first return, but if there are any family, pack, or joining threads I will be bumping them up on the list as well.

Ignis

Pirates Plunder
Most Unholy Sin

Master Fighter (510)

Master Hunter (240)

Slave Master & Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

OverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!Ooh La LaScarred
Critical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble MasterPride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020Critical Hit!Christmas 2019
Trick 2019
11-20-2022, 03:55 AM
Type: Possible extreme scracity
Name: Dragon
Characters: all
Date leaving: technically since october lol
Date returning: after holidays
Why?: Not an absence, just another PSA that I've been extremely busy with work! This dang grooming job is a lot and the holidays especially is hella busy. My hands have been giving me trouble lately and dealing with ppl at work is exhausting so even on my days off between that and dealing with home life, I'm just too tired to be able to focus on posting much x.x My muse is definitely there but the brain power is not. posting will be a bit sporadic at best, at least until after the holidays but I will prioritize and try my best to meet deadlines for pack things and whatever else, just send me a reminder for urgent/time-sensitive things!
Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

Master Fighter (5000000000)

Master Healer (5000000)

&

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Tealah

Easter 2022Toys for Tots 2021
11-24-2022, 03:30 AM
Type: Absence
Name: Tealah
Characters: all billion but especially Corbie
Date leaving: been gone
Date returning: probably next Wednesday
Why?: still recovering from being super sick and I have too many IRL things I am trying to catch up on that I am struggling with as it is

Jynn

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (260)

Scout & Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - RainbowFestival OrganizerWordy
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow PokeWealthyRenowed Explorer
Underground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern ExplorerNorthern ExplorerSouthern Explorer
GlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy CatHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
11-26-2022, 09:39 PM
Just a heads up I may be going on an absence for a bit. Spilt my drink on my brand new computer. Its just been a fucking day. I'll see how things are looking tomorrow.

Bunni

gems
size
-
build
-
player
bunni

Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots 2021
11-28-2022, 11:09 AM
Type: Scarcity to be Absence
Name: Bunni
Characters: Audra, Bramble, Celeste, Ghoul, Gilgamesh, Kuroo, Rheum, Scald, Tenshi
Date leaving: 11/28
Date returning: 1/2
Why?: I have finals this week (ending 12/2) that I need to study for, work is going to be slightly busy for the Christmas season, and my child is due sometime basically between next week and Christmas. So from feeling like shit and being busy, my posting will be scarce. I'll attempt to keep up on alpha posts, but once the child is here, I'll be changing to a full Absence until at least January.