Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Admins
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 10:32 PM by Nyx. Edited 3 times in total.)
Absences & Scarcities

If you will be away from Ardent for an extended amount of time, or real life is just catching up and you'll be slower, please post here so that we have records of it, and other people may see what's going on. Fill out the form below and you're all set.

Having an absence notice here excuses you from having challenges made for your pack while you are gone (unless extenuating circumstances cause a consistent prolonging in your leave), and will also be excused from alpha activity checks for the week. However, this also means that if you are caught posting you will be removed from this list and expected to complete alpha activity checks as usual.

Having a scarcity notice up means that you are not excused from site activity checks, but must still meet alpha requirements as needed.

Make sure to edit your post here when you get back saying that the absence is no longer in effect or post in maintenance to have the post deleted.

To be clear. When on an absence, if you are caught posting from the start date of your absence or anywhere in between, until the end date of your absence, you will be removed from the absent list. Meaning, that if you are an Alpha, you will be expected to meet the Alpha requirements, and answer any challenges. Regular members will also be expected to answer any challenges made to them. Alphas may be excused from posting for 1 OOC week only and must have posted that absence by Wednesday on the week they want excused.

On a scarcity notice, Alphas are still required to meet the alpha requirements and answer any challenges. Regular members are also expected to answer any challenges.

Code:
<b>Type:</b> Absence or scarcity?
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Characters:</b>
<b>Date leaving:</b>
<b>Date returning:</b>
<b>Why?:</b>

Lolaf

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Lolaf

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Pride - BisexualEaster 2022Toys for Tots
04-30-2023, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 12:23 PM by Lolaf. Edited 1 time in total.)
Just realized my last scarcity notice was removed so reposting and requesting this one stay up until such time that I ask for it to be removed.

Type: Scarcity
Name: Lolaf
Characters: All
Date leaving: Months ago
Date returning: Unknown
Why?: As stated prior, I'm just dealing with a lot of compounding issues. I do now have a positive ADHD diagnosis but it's still largely running rampant as my current medication is either not strong enough or doesn't work for me and I have exactly 0 coping mechanisms due to late diagnosis which means I am extremely at the mercy of my executive dysfunction, things like task initiation in particular are very difficult for me, I can have all the motivation in the world to do something I enjoy and yet there will be something making it impossible to translate the desire to do the thing into the action of doing the thing, this is as you can imagine, incredibly distressing and often exhausting if I try to push through the block for long periods of time. I'm also finding that my brain fog has been stronger lately. This on top of a still unknown mobility issue that causes regular pain means I'm under a decent amount of stress and currently there is no known finish line, due to the pace of testing medication and my own GPs schedule I'm often looking at months between consultations to try and fine tune any amount of treatment. I am doing my best to seek other help, including seeking ADHD coaching to help fill some gaps but again the process is long, stressful and made longer by my own brain's physical makeup.

As such the best thing I can do for myself right now is to learn to stop trying to fight my brain, to just accept that right now if I can't force myself to do something then it's okay to stop trying, and to let myself just do whatever it will let me guilt free. This means I'm likely to disappear for a week or two, return to post a little bit before disappearing again. I will be largely only be focusing on posting what I'm not struggling to post, which may mean some characters or threads get more attention than others right now because it's the thing currently giving my brain dopamine, with the exception of anything mandatory which I will do my best to still meet. As such I am still asking that people do not contact me about threads that are waiting on me unless I ask for reminders, as it just adds more stress, I promise I am already very aware of what I owe/what is stagnating. If you are waiting on something from my characters to keep yours moving please reach out to me instead of just making assumptions about them, I am very much willing to work things out in that regard and am just asking people be patient and considerate of my circumstance. Regular tagging (replies or new threads) is totally fine and helps me to keep tabs on threads for when I have some extra dopamine. If you wish to reclaim any of my adopted characters due to my inconsistent activity please I just ask that I be given a heads up about it, but do not blame anyone for doing so.

Chrono

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Chrono

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022Artist - RainbowRapid Poster - Rainbow
05-28-2023, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 09:59 PM by Chrono. Edited 1 time in total.)
Type: Large Scarcity
Name: Chrono
Characters: I usually write them all but I don’t feel like it xD
Date leaving: many eons ago
Date returning: x
Why?:

On top of the many things going on, my dad had a stroke and fell off a 7 foot drop onto concrete. He is not doing well and probably won’t make it. We should know within the next few days.

Update: my dad transferred to hospice and has now passed after 2 weeks. It’s been a whirlwind. I wouldn’t expect much until I’m settled into my new place.

As is my laundry list of apartment shopping, packing, moving, finding health insurance, being a mom and all that.

I try to prioritize characters I have adopted from others, and want to keep up with regular activity checks if I can. From my last post I will let you know if I can’t make the checks or so

Talia

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Talia

Pride - Asexual
06-16-2023, 12:09 AM
Type: Absence
Name: Talia
Date leaving: Many moons ago
Date returning: Hopefully mid-end of July should be more stable
Why?: Clinicals for my lab program, and the lectures for them demand a lot of time. I can’t post regularly atm. I’m very stressed and just trying to hold it together. High priority threads/threads that have stagnated, please DM me on discord abt and I promise to get to them asap.

KatG6

gems
size
-
build
-
player
KatG6

Easter Egg Hunt 2023ContributorEaster 2022Rapid Poster - GoldArtist - SilverToys for Tots
09-19-2023, 10:09 AM
Name: KatG6
Characters: everyone
Date leaving: pretty much since April
Date returning: hopefully here in a few months?
Why?: Kat is gonna have a baby! I'm about 7 months along now so we're getting very close to welcoming little baby boy <3 Very excited and nervous and so busy, I've never had so many appointments and meetings in my life, its really drained my desire to write. Hopefully that will all return not long after the baby arrives, but we shall see and I will keep everyone updated!

Res

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Res

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
12-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Hello!

Kat wanted me to update her absence. She now has a sweet little baby and will likely be away for the next few weeks. She'll try to be back for Ardmas things.
[Image: r9fZNUi.png]

Jackal

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Jackal

Toys for Tots
01-10-2024, 07:12 PM
Type: uhhh scarcity? absence? both? not sure
Name: Jackal
Characters: all
Date leaving: 1/10
Date returning: eventually
Why?: Not really in a place to talk about it. All I'm going to disclose is that it's related to some serious trigger stuff.

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
bunni

ContributorEaster Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
01-16-2024, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2024, 07:52 AM by Bunni. Edited 4 times in total.)
UPDATED: 5/9

Type: Absence & Scarcity
Name: Bunni
Characters: All of them
Date leaving: 5/10
Date returning: 6/5
Full return from Scarcity is around December
Why?:
Three weeks of absence due to driving up to Michigan and staying with my in laws until after a friend’s wedding!
Delphi & Gil will remain active during these 3 weeks + be my main priority.
All other characters will be on standby unless a reply is needed for something important (PLEASE DM ME IF YOU NEED A POST)
ICly assume:
Bancha is just hanging out Valta, sticking his nose into plants and trying to grow a garden in winter… its not working
Bramble is helping around the Hallows and may do some light traveling
Calliope is wandering around Boreas, and can sometimes be found on Raider’s Hollow territory visiting her parents.
Idris is with Cambria & Matija in Lover’s Mangrove hanging out
Jiro is practicing his skills in Tojo-Kai or sneaking off to hangout with Imogen
Kuroo as always can be found in Tojo-Kai, fishing and hanging out with Nami
Lumine is practicing her skills in Hemlock
Scald is snooping around Boreas being sneaky and gathering intel
Tenshi is super duper sick at home in Hemlock, should pass soonish~
Wilder is joining the Armada and can be found patrolling their borders & getting to know everyone

I’m on a “permanent” scarcity because I need to focus on finishing up my last three classes so I can apply to graduate in June!
I am also pregnant, due at the of October, so my scarcity stretches until December during a rest & recuperate period. <3

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Skelle

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
02-13-2024, 09:10 PM
Name: Skelle
Characters: Widow, Grimshaw, Phantasm, Terror
Date leaving: Today (technically a few weeks ago, however)
Date returning: Tentatively March 1
Why?: i get stressed/anxious/frustrated just thinking about ardent, i need a real break. comms are open still, however.

Widow - Taking care of Tazzy and Terror, keeping herself and them separated to prevent spreading it to the other pups
Tazzy & Terror - sick with flu and pneumonia like symptoms, but will recover fine
Grimshaw - taking a trip to visit his birth mothers grave, slight bout of depression making him take longer than usual to return.

If you have any questions regarding my characters, please send me a DM. I am still active on discord privately.
please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex!
eightysichs/wolfbea was hacked, what's owed has been made/paid,
and i wasn't involved or even knew her during the time she was hacked, thank you ♥

lunarcat7

gems
size
-
build
-
player
lunarcat7

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowEaster 2022Toys for Tots
04-18-2024, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 10:36 AM by lunarcat7. Edited 2 times in total.)
Name: Lunarcat7
Characters: -points to DB & list below-
Date leaving: May 4
Date returning: July 8
Why?:

I'm still dealing with illness and chronic fatigue. It's also a very busy year with the garden and I'm redoing some landscaping. It's also a rough year for storms and there are a number of repairs I need to get done.

I'm going to be slowly bringing all my chars back into the game. You can view the list below to see who is active and who is not. Those in blue are back/in the process of coming back.

• ALARR + STJARNA = in the process of returning to Boreas.

• LUKINA - Active

• BIRNA - out wandering the far north

• CORAN - Slowly becoming active, still suffering effects of his illness

• JYNN - Active

• MARROW - has gone missing, probably got lost somewhere  

MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS

The following characters can be found unconscious and unresponsive but still breathing and alive.

• DAGRUN

• ELDI

• GOSSAMER

• KINA

• NELU - the whole alpha meeting he's going to be very quiet and just listening so just skip him. He can be found unconscious a few days after the meeting.

• TARNISH

• ULFR

• ULMARIA

Beau-tifullyWritten

"The Floofiest Cat"

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - GoldToys for Tots
04-21-2024, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2024, 06:16 PM by Beau-tifullyWritten. Edited 2 times in total.)
Type: Extreme Scarcity
Name: Beau-tifullyWritten
Date leaving: Now
Date returning: ???
Why?:

There is a… lot going on.

First and foremost May is an incredibly rough month for me. Mother’s day as well. As most of you know I lost my mom when I was a kid but unfortunately mother’s day and the anniversary of her passing (May 10th) always hit me hard. May 3rd was also the birthday of some fur babies I unfortunately needed to say goodbye to, and I regret their loss a lot and have trauma from it.

On top of that my depression has been spiking higher ever since the drama between Ethne and Raiders. I do not feel I am properly medicated for it, and the fact I also need to change my mood stabilization med because of a side effect not going away that is somewhat severe. I am unsure when I can get the depression managed as my doctor only likes to change one thing at a time…

I'm also having trouble with some of my other doctors and need to replace two of them. I also am having trouble getting my therapy place to call me back to set up my treatment plan and because of my depression it is hard reaching out to them first.

I am also dealing with struggles in my career. On top of depression making it hard to function, I am waiting on some paperwork that may make or break my ability to get the new job I've already put money into for the training and licensing of. If I am denied I am out all the money I put into it to try and get licensed on top of only getting at most four hours four days a week at my current job. Due to physical limitations and the inability to stand / walk for more than short periods of time (less than thirty minutes at best) I can't work a “normal” retail job and the only one I heard back from in roughly fifteen applications is this one so that also has me super stressed. The paperwork can show up any time from Monday to three weeks out and then I still need to submit it to be reviewed.

This is made a further stress because my husband is on unemployment right now. His job, being at a college, is closed for summer so he is getting reduced pay. Our bills of course are NOT reduced and I am worried about being able to pay all of them.

So money and health are huge triggers right now. My only option is to wait and hope for the best.. and then to hope that when I get to my appointment (soonest is on the 23rd of May… yay SMI clinic) I can get some help to function enough to not make our already bad situation worse.

So needless to say I haven't been able to handle IC events right now and even considered quitting the site because my stress is through the roof. I want to write, I want to be excited about things, and sometimes I briefly am but things are hard. I can't get myself to write and am barely able to do other things I enjoy. I've barely been able to push myself to do owed work on things just because I owe it, not because I want to. I'm honestly a mess and it doesn't seem to be letting up. I thought it was getting better for a bit but it ended up dropping even lower and I am unsure when I will be better.

Pack characters will be down with mysterious illness and mostly in a state of sleep. Loners will be in a similar state for loved ones. I will try to post when I can but right now I can't guarantee anything.

Hermes

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Hermes

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Toys for TotsEaster 2022Rapid Poster - Gold
05-01-2024, 01:16 AM
Name: Hermes
Characters: Andromeda, Athena, Calico Jack, Coho, Enki, Ezekiel, Fern, Gruesome, Haydée, Jericho, Kore, Malico, Merlin, Nolan, Oscar, Ricin, Seere, Sorcerer, Strix, Tove, Unagi, Wade, Zenith, Zion
Date leaving: Actually a couple weeks ago but just getting about to posting this
Date returning: Unknown
Why?: Have had a lot going on in my personal life. My father is in the hospital, fighting a life-threatening infection and my family has found ourselves without an income. My mother and I have been scrambling to make sure we have things covered and the stress has caused a stomach ulcer which makes it difficult to eat.

On top of all that, we found out today that we have 90 days to move out of the house we have been renting. So, the next 3 months will be hectic as we pack, try to find a place to live, and get everything wrapped up and done. I will still be around and Enki will be my main focus so that I can finish my alpha checks. I am very absent minded and encourage people to reach out and poke me if they need a reply quickly. I will do my best to get back to everyone in a timely manner! Please be patient with me as I try to navigate this rough patch in my life and please, reach out to me if you need anything. Thank you. <3

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
05-03-2024, 03:59 PM
Name: Iko
Characters: Toxicity, Sparrow
Date leaving: May 12
Date returning: June 10
Why?: Heading down to my hometown for a week then going to Japan for 3 weeks.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.