Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Admins
06-14-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 01:18 PM by Nyx. Edited 22 times in total. Edited 22 times in total.)
Site Suggestions

So, we as staff on Ardent want to know what you, as members, suggest we do to improve the site!

Feel free to post suggestions here -- for anything! Don't feel shy when it comes to suggesting things. If you would prefer anonymity, let me know and we can set something up for that as well.

Noted Suggestions

Items
  • Early heat breeding pass (A female can conceive before her prior litter is a year old) (suggested by Briena)

Fight System
  • Take highest of score in melee fights rather than averaging (suggested by Lunarcat7)
  • Injury penalties (suggested by Lunarcat7)

Skills/Specialties
  • Specialty suggestions: Panic button (suggested by Beau),
  • Double skill point days
  • See specialty description on hover (suggested by Skelle)

Other
  • Flock/herd option for companions [non-combat] (suggested by bluetick)
  • Allow more than two companions [non-combat] (suggested by lazuli)
  • More systems for hunting, healing, nav (suggested by kingpedle)
  • Some ghosty things (suggested by laz and bri)
  • A custom threadlog (ability to sort, remove threads? add threads, "watched" threads, notes) (suggested by RK)
  • Post templates tweak (ability to sort) (suggested by Joe)
  • Postlog tweaks (sort by most recent) (suggested by Teegan)
  • Dark mode for ACP (suggested by Bunni)

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
bunni

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
10-27-2023, 10:41 AM
Second idea for postlog organization, having each member be able to pin their postlog so that whoever is active will be able to find them easily?

Res

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Res

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
10-29-2023, 10:21 PM
I'd like to see an option to have all gems placed on your OOC account. I prefer to have mine there as it makes buying items much easier rather than having to grab gems from multiple accounts. I think it would be easier and more efficient for everyone in the long run.
[Image: r9fZNUi.png]

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters?"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (514)

Master Hunter (295)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon

HomebodyWinnerVengeanceCritical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!
By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - AromanticSocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 Worship
ScarredDouble MasterOoh La LaHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake Eyes
OverachieverPride - Asexual1KDream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
11-01-2023, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 01:33 AM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)
A section in the breeding rules for the use of Mystery Litter passes as there still seems to be some confusion and concerns when those are being used! Perhaps add sections as well for other specialty breeding/litter items (gay litter passes, jumbo litter passes, etc)

Also other sections added to the guidebook for other specialty items, things that can be used for fights, races, breeding, aging, etc etc for what they can/can't be used for/on, and all that jazz (you get the idea)

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourettes (mostly in the form of her head twitching or giggling at inappropriate moments). She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side...unless you want her to steal your skin and bones c:

Aslatiel

Valta
Takoa

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
11-01-2023, 05:35 AM
Perhaps a tag or option to mark a thread as complete once the players are done so that it's easier for staff to go through non-pack lands to clean up.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Jackal

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Jackal
11-04-2023, 02:42 AM
A skill for fighter (or healer, honestly, because it would be a skill relying upon relative body build) that allows for bonus damage for small/extra small characters when they fight extra large/dire characters!

Joe

"I'm just happy to be here"

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Joe

Easter Egg Hunt 2023ContributorCoder - GoldEaster 2022Artist - SilverRapid Poster - Silver
Toys for Tots
11-04-2023, 12:45 PM
(11-04-2023, 02:42 AM)Jackal Wrote: A skill for fighter (or healer, honestly, because it would be a skill relying upon relative body build) that allows for bonus damage for small/extra small characters when they fight extra large/dire characters!

Just a little build-off of what Jackal said because I love this, it could be called David and Goliath or Herculean and have like a sprite of a super smol wolf squaring up against a giant wolf

I write sins not tragedies

I respond best to DMs on Discord or in the Ardent channel!

Come play with my lovelies!

Claire

The Hallows
Hallowed

Advanced Fighter (75)

Expert Intellectual (150)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon
11-06-2023, 11:38 PM
Adoptions channel for discord. I know the one on site can always be checked, but I think a specific channel for announcing & discussing adoptions specifically would be great and not get lost in plot/gen chat c:

Chimera

Ashen
King

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Resin

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
11-15-2023, 07:19 AM
Putting "Band" after a band name looks cheesy and is hard to take seriously. Perhaps an icon that denotes a band? Like the pack pawprints, but maybe a loping wolf, showing that bands have to move? This way you'll clearly show that you're in a band, but you aren't in The Band Band, if you get what I'm saying.
Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Wilder

Loner

Advanced Hunter (105)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
12-20-2023, 10:56 AM
Can we get regional lines on the map to tell which areas are east/west/north/south?

Jael

Raiders Hollow
The Pet

Expert Fighter (120)

Expert Intellectual (195)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Medium
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Silver1K
12-26-2023, 09:06 PM
currently, the fertile specialty only applies to female characters. could there be discussion around it applying for one litter per ic year for males too? perhaps with the caveat that they can't be stacked.
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Skelle

12-26-2023, 09:23 PM
customizable ooc profiles, nothing fancy just a bio section and a place to list characters, plot threads, art shops, etc
please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex!
eightysichs/wolfbea was hacked, what's owed has been made/paid,
and i wasn't involved or even knew her during the time she was hacked, thank you ♥

Res

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Res

12-26-2023, 10:44 PM
Allowing a transparent, visual reference of your character instead of writing out a full description would be nice.
[Image: r9fZNUi.png]

Seadragoness

Staff

gems
size
-
build
Light
player
Sea

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowRapid Poster - GoldCoder - RainbowEaster 2022Toys for Tots
01-04-2024, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 05:28 PM by Seadragoness. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)
If OOC names on character profiles could be a link that clicked to the ooc accounts, that would be cool!

Also, if authors could be italic when they are not accepted
[Image: DJR1fLh.png]

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
bunni

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
01-05-2024, 10:54 AM
Being able to view JUST the threads the characters are in - like with the posts but only 1 link per thread instead of each individual post

Hazel

Armada
General

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
wicked

ScarredTeacherCritical Dodge!Double MasterSamhain 20221K
Critical Attack!
01-10-2024, 12:09 AM
item suggestion--
an item that allows a second specialty of the same skill to be unlocked, provided all other conditions are met (second skill is mastered, unlock is purchased at full store price.)
perhaps as a "grey tier" or common item, as it would only be useful to a limited number of characters. it also still has additional requirements for use, but i think it would help add more fun ic flavor to some skills.
also, after some thought, i don't think it would be game breaking for any combat systems as only one specialty may be applied at a time.

example combos i've been thinking about--
bard + professor
seer + professor
shepherd + bloodletter

Dragon Mod

Staff

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowPride - DemisexualEaster 2022Toys for Tots
01-16-2024, 02:37 AM
A guidebook section for characters using the permanent somnium/ethereal somnium pass! A little section for what they can and cannot do, what's allowed or not etc pretty please <3 whether or not they can join packs, fight (spars, Dominance, raids, sieges, etc) breeding rules for them (obviously with emphasis that they understandably need a somnium breeding pass etc.

Idk I think it'd be useful to have am faq or something for these specific ones as I'm sure questions will come and clarity will be needed!

Sirius

"You are already mine"

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-20-2024, 02:37 AM
Alphas that do every check should be able to bank some misses and use them in a row for big life events

Shelby

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Shelby

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022Rapid Poster - GoldCoder - RainbowToys for Tots
01-23-2024, 08:55 PM
I think it'd be nice to have a little skill thing someone could claim if they're helping someone else out by doing a thread their character doesn't have. For example: Solaire is healing/fighting, but I'm going to have a thread with Ember who is fighting/intellect to have her craft a set of bags for his companion. She'll be able to claim intellect points for the crafting, but I don't have anything applicable for Solaire to claim. Even if it was just like 5-10 points, it might be a little bit of an incentive to diversify the kinds of threads we do!

Aislyn

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Aislyn

Easter Egg Hunt 2023
01-30-2024, 02:12 AM
Offer a single minor mutation as a package in a lower amounted donation (maybe $25?), given most characters on site have a mixture of minor mutations and it’s not exactly a rare item to obtain (from my perspective). $50 seems steep for something so common.