Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Admins
06-14-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 01:18 PM by Nyx. Edited 22 times in total.)
Site Suggestions

So, we as staff on Ardent want to know what you, as members, suggest we do to improve the site!

Feel free to post suggestions here -- for anything! Don't feel shy when it comes to suggesting things. If you would prefer anonymity, let me know and we can set something up for that as well.

Noted Suggestions

Items
  • Early heat breeding pass (A female can conceive before her prior litter is a year old) (suggested by Briena)

Fight System
  • Take highest of score in melee fights rather than averaging (suggested by Lunarcat7)
  • Injury penalties (suggested by Lunarcat7)

Skills/Specialties
  • Specialty suggestions: Panic button (suggested by Beau),
  • Double skill point days
  • See specialty description on hover (suggested by Skelle)

Other
  • Flock/herd option for companions [non-combat] (suggested by bluetick)
  • Allow more than two companions [non-combat] (suggested by lazuli)
  • More systems for hunting, healing, nav (suggested by kingpedle)
  • Some ghosty things (suggested by laz and bri)
  • A custom threadlog (ability to sort, remove threads? add threads, "watched" threads, notes) (suggested by RK)
  • Post templates tweak (ability to sort) (suggested by Joe)
  • Postlog tweaks (sort by most recent) (suggested by Teegan)
  • Dark mode for ACP (suggested by Bunni)

Jael

Raiders Hollow
The Pet

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Critical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!StudentRapid Poster - Silver
12-26-2023, 09:06 PM
currently, the fertile specialty only applies to female characters. could there be discussion around it applying for one litter per ic year for males too? perhaps with the caveat that they can't be stacked.
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Seadragoness

Staff

gems
size
-
build
Light
player
Sea

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowRapid Poster - GoldCoder - RainbowEaster 2022Toys for Tots
01-04-2024, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 05:28 PM by Seadragoness. Edited 1 time in total.)
If OOC names on character profiles could be a link that clicked to the ooc accounts, that would be cool!

Also, if authors could be italic when they are not accepted
[Image: DJR1fLh.png]

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
bunni

ContributorEaster Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
01-05-2024, 10:54 AM
Being able to view JUST the threads the characters are in - like with the posts but only 1 link per thread instead of each individual post

Hazel

Armada
Champion

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
wicked

ScarredTeacherCritical Dodge!Double MasterSamhain 20221K
Critical Attack!
01-10-2024, 12:09 AM
item suggestion--
an item that allows a second specialty of the same skill to be unlocked, provided all other conditions are met (second skill is mastered, unlock is purchased at full store price.)
perhaps as a "grey tier" or common item, as it would only be useful to a limited number of characters. it also still has additional requirements for use, but i think it would help add more fun ic flavor to some skills.
also, after some thought, i don't think it would be game breaking for any combat systems as only one specialty may be applied at a time.

example combos i've been thinking about--
bard + professor
seer + professor
shepherd + bloodletter

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-20-2024, 02:37 AM
Alphas that do every check should be able to bank some misses and use them in a row for big life events

Shelby

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Shelby

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022Rapid Poster - GoldCoder - RainbowToys for Tots
01-23-2024, 08:55 PM
I think it'd be nice to have a little skill thing someone could claim if they're helping someone else out by doing a thread their character doesn't have. For example: Solaire is healing/fighting, but I'm going to have a thread with Ember who is fighting/intellect to have her craft a set of bags for his companion. She'll be able to claim intellect points for the crafting, but I don't have anything applicable for Solaire to claim. Even if it was just like 5-10 points, it might be a little bit of an incentive to diversify the kinds of threads we do!

Aislyn

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Aislyn

Easter Egg Hunt 2023
01-30-2024, 02:12 AM
Offer a single minor mutation as a package in a lower amounted donation (maybe $25?), given most characters on site have a mixture of minor mutations and it’s not exactly a rare item to obtain (from my perspective). $50 seems steep for something so common.

Calliope

Loner

Master Fighter (288)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-05-2024, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 05:18 PM by Calliope. Edited 1 time in total.)
Award Idea for Fighting

Two Sides of One Coin / Heads or Tails? : Roll 2 of the same number in one fight, but one is reversed
Example: 15 & 51

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Beau-tifullyWritten

"The Floofiest Cat"

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - GoldToys for Tots
02-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Intellect points idea.

Wolves discuss / debate different moral views / ethical values / pack ideals etc +10 Intellect
"Here we do not place bets. We place concerns." - Starcrosst of DeviantArt

Beau's Inklings

Calliope

Loner

Master Fighter (288)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-05-2024, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 10:28 PM by Calliope. Edited 1 time in total.)
Intellect skill
Came to a disagreement between two wolves, prior to physical fight +10

Attended a pack/band meeting +10 (could be included with attending festival?)

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Ripper

Insomnia
Reaper

Expert Fighter (150)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon

Critical Fail!1K
02-13-2024, 06:54 PM
Ability to sort our inventory items by things like Name/type/quantity, etc on our personal inventory pages! When I go to my ooc account it'd be nice to be able to sort it alphabetically or by type instead of my items just randomly strewn about ^^;

Joe

"I'm just happy to be here"

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Joe

Easter Egg Hunt 2023ContributorCoder - GoldEaster 2022Artist - SilverRapid Poster - Silver
Toys for Tots
02-13-2024, 07:37 PM
(02-13-2024, 06:54 PM)Ripper Wrote: Ability to sort our inventory items by things like Name/type/quantity, etc on our personal inventory pages! When I go to my ooc account it'd be nice to be able to sort it alphabetically or by type instead of my items just randomly strewn about ^^;

+1 to this, pleeeeease! My OCD begs of you!

I write sins not tragedies

I respond best to DMs on Discord or in the Ardent channel!

Come play with my lovelies!

Shazaki

gems
size
-
build
-
player
CloudyNight

Pride - Bisexual
02-20-2024, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 11:32 AM by Shazaki. Edited 1 time in total.)
Make it so a character of yours who was from somone's litter and is an adult and you got certain post count remains yours if you decide to set them inactive. Because its a bit discouraging that you cant set your now adult characters inactive without someone asking to take them back even when they are adult wolves. They should be 100% your character by that time without worrying their will be taken back if you simply dont have muse for them for the time being. Because then it was never your character.

wicked

gems
size
-
build
-
player
wicked

ContributorPride - NonbinaryPride - PansexualEaster Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022Rapid Poster - Gold
03-06-2024, 12:53 AM
discord suggestion:
you know that timestamp thing?
ardent time is [time] in the "info" section on discord would be cool

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
03-10-2024, 02:25 PM
Staff helper role - not a mod but a couple of people to help with skill claims and fight rolls, 3 month term and then they have to reapply, just to keep things moving in the background and save judges waiting on their own rolls and mods waiting on their own skill claims.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Briena

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-22-2024, 01:01 PM
So, we have the PO tag for threads; a tag for Band Only, or Family Only would be neat >.>
Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Indie

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - Rainbow
03-24-2024, 10:37 AM
Intel Stat Claim Idea:
Recount an event to another character.

Res

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Res

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
03-26-2024, 03:04 PM
I'd like to suggest requirements for staff. If you hold the title, you should be putting in the work! If one mod in particular does the majority of the heavy lifting, then they're likely to get burnt out and nothing will get done.

Perhaps delegating responsibility would work. One mod only takes care of A while another only takes care of B. It could rotate per season, even. Or Admins could check to see if mods meet a particular quota each week just like alpha check. Missed your quota? Missed your check. Next miss is grounds for losing your title.

A lot of people are too timid to bring up such things, but I'm just looking for fairness in this.
[Image: r9fZNUi.png]

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-07-2024, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 07:56 PM by Modesty. Edited 1 time in total.)
(+1 to Res’s suggestion for mod AC/delegation)

With the introduction of expansion quests i think it would be nice to up the max territories to 5 (so you can do one of each if you want).