Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-14-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2024, 04:55 PM by Nyx. Edited 23 times in total.)
Site Suggestions

So, we as staff on Ardent want to know what you, as members, suggest we do to improve the site!

Feel free to post suggestions here -- for anything! Don't feel shy when it comes to suggesting things. If you would prefer anonymity, let me know and we can set something up for that as well.

Noted Suggestions

Items
  • Early heat breeding pass (A female can conceive before her prior litter is a year old) (suggested by Briena)

Fight System
  • Take highest of score in melee fights rather than averaging (suggested by Lunarcat7)
  • Injury penalties (suggested by Lunarcat7)

Skills/Specialties
  • Specialty suggestions: Panic button (suggested by Beau),
  • Double skill point days
  • See specialty description on hover (suggested by Skelle)

Other
  • Flock/herd option for companions [non-combat] (suggested by bluetick)
  • Allow more than two companions [non-combat] (suggested by lazuli)
  • More systems for hunting, healing, nav (suggested by kingpedle)
  • Some ghosty things (suggested by laz and bri)
  • A custom threadlog (ability to sort, remove threads? add threads, "watched" threads, notes) (suggested by RK)
  • Post templates tweak (ability to sort) (suggested by Joe)
  • Postlog tweaks (sort by most recent) (suggested by Teegan)
  • Dark mode for ACP (suggested by Bunni)

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-10-2024, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 02:25 AM by Modesty. Edited 2 times in total.)
Consistency sugestions

If a fight default is requested it should be counted from the first fight post and if the reply was outside of the 3 day limit then it should be declared counting from the first fight post regardless of who is requesting it (as in raids, even if the opponent has replied the default stands) to remain consistent across the board (eg wolf A posts, Wolf B posts a week later, then requests a default after 3 days, Wolf A should be declared the winner because Wolf B didn't respond within the 3 day limit in the first instance)

Also suggestion to make the post requirement for claiming a pack and creating a pack the same for consistency.

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
04-11-2024, 10:37 PM
To allow body edits to t2 fight posts since the body of the post does not matter in rolls
please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex!
eightysichs/wolfbea was hacked, what's owed has been made/paid,
and i wasn't involved or even knew her during the time she was hacked, thank you ♥

Dragon Mod

Staff

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowPride - DemisexualEaster 2022Toys for Tots
04-19-2024, 03:03 AM
Don't know if it's possible but I feel like it is (and I swear I've seen it in other forums)
showing pack colors (if applicable) on a characters name, for example, when you see them on the online list or on thread lists in general (ie "view today's posts) etc etc...

I'm super tired and not thinking straight but basically like the way admins/mods have colored names!

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

Critical Attack!Island HopperWinnerUnderachieverOverachieverStudent
Double MasterCritical Observation!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
04-19-2024, 06:18 PM
Profile field similarly coded to pack news so we can keep a history of 'important' threads so we can add notes as reminders and can keep track of timelines if there are multiple events happening at once (eg - where do my threads fall in relation to the Hallows meeting?) or a tab under threadlog for archived threads your character was in in case you need to refer back to something.
Due to distance kept from her Raider kin and her regular travelling taking her out of pack lands, Deluge smells and acts like a loner. The only noticeable scent other than her own is Dread who may join any of her threads at any time.

Hermes

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Toys for TotsEaster 2022Rapid Poster - Gold
05-01-2024, 01:24 AM
It would be nice to have the ability to link absence or scarcity posts into your away message. Maybe with a code like this?

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
05-09-2024, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2024, 04:39 PM by Siduri. Edited 1 time in total.)
Locking the art channel (and all other substantial channels) on Discord to "Active Members Only." It's gross when people come around just to hawk their wares rather than to play, which is what the site is all about.

Additionally, maybe do a Discord cleanup. So many names on there that just rot and do nothing.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-08-2024, 08:05 PM
I feel like if tail removal is a major maim, so should anything that would require a significant edit to art including ear removal.

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (315)

Master Intellectual (350)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

1KFestival OrganizerDouble MasterCritical Dodge!Ooh La LaStudent
Samhain 2022
06-20-2024, 01:41 PM
Two things:

1. Because I'm dumb and didn't realize my suggestion would only show the threads the character started, can we have a clickable for the ones they're in as well that others have started? (I really hate looking through the posts and not knowing if I've missed one or not)

2. Being able to reorder posts in a thread for post logs. When we add new characters, it makes me crazy that its not alphabetical for my postlog ):

bramble's companions are to be assumed near her unless stated otherwise.

Chrono

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022Artist - RainbowRapid Poster - Rainbow
06-25-2024, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2024, 03:20 PM by Chrono. Edited 2 times in total.)
I’m not staff, but not sure if there could be some kind of plug in like how to claim skills but instead to put in requests to archive threads? Put in the request and staff just selects approve or something and they get sent to the respective archive board

And also don’t know how possible it could be to have like a thumbs up/thumbs down for suggestions so there could be more of a “voting system” for the rest of the site players to say if they agree/it’s a good idea at least (thumbs down might be the bad of YouTube)

Just a me problem but I have an issue with telling what lands are claimed by packs sometimes when looking at our interactive map so if there’s a way to make that a little more bold

Bird

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-29-2024, 02:25 PM
We should do a Birthday Calender for active members. Not sure how doable that is, but it would be cute/nice. Not the year or anything, just birth month and day.

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

ContributorEaster Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
07-04-2024, 12:06 PM
10 point skill claim for all skills for “Assisting another character in a seasonal”
For when the seasonal doesn’t count for any other claimable skill

KatG6

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023ContributorEaster 2022Rapid Poster - GoldArtist - SilverToys for Tots
07-06-2024, 11:19 AM
is there any way to get a somnium database?

Res

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
07-12-2024, 09:55 AM
How about possible penalties if a character fights while pregnant?
[Image: r9fZNUi.png]

Sinchanted

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-16-2024, 02:43 AM
A leaderboard on the home page of which characters have posted the most this week/month! Being able to see who has been most active could inspire even more activity along with playful competition.

Bunni

Staff
The Chaotic One

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

ContributorEaster Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - RainbowToys for Tots
07-17-2024, 11:12 AM
There’s not currently an option to obtain a minor mutation or dire height together or without gems. It would nice to be able to do that and also have the choice to not get gems or an open character pass!

Suggestions:
Dire Height + Minor Mutation - $50
Minor Mutation - $25
Dire Height - $25

LadyElin

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Rapid Poster - Bronze
07-23-2024, 11:23 PM
Could we change the coat hanger to a wardrobe/closet/costume trunk? A coat hangar has... *other* connotations.

Ladies don't start fights...
but they can finish them.

Ishtar

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Alo

Pride - Polysexual
07-24-2024, 05:02 PM
first suggestion: I think we should do a birthday thing where we are gifted 50 gems once a year! Maybe we can do this through maintenance and request it ourselves to avoid the hassles. Would be super fun and sweet.

and my second suggestion is: I think LadyElin should be boosted to a staff position, especially after hearing they applied themselves. I feel this way because: during my months on ardent, I have found her help to be professional, comforting, advising and genuinely helpful. I myself try to avoid the discord general staff question channel because I'm afraid of not understanding what is being told to me more than once. To avoid spamming it and having general anxiety, Ive gone to LadyElin to clarify details that may or may not of been touched on. They really are just so supportive of the site as whole I feel, not to mention their constant activity on ardent and discord. LadyElin has also showed me firsthand how to be a good, level headed & fair role-player by displaying what it looks like to be one. When I first joined, I had LadyElin to guide my step to where I am today. Without them, I don't think I would've gotten to official sparring, skill points or socializing as much as I have. Because it was a bit intimidating and well, new for me as a role-player. Thanks LadyElin for all you do for me, and others on ardent.