gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
11-20-2023, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 05:23 PM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Navigation note: Dove Island Achipelago]

Crux was cold. And wet, and not just from the slow swim he'd taken to get here, it seemed spring was determined to be a rainy one. Oh, and he was sore. His hips ached in the way it always did when he pushed too hard or walked too long on a leg that required he overextend it just to be able to move forward. But he had to do this, it was beyond time Crux deal with this. Maybe it was the talk he'd had with Kite, maybe it was that Triss was starting to be a pretty consistent thought on his mind, or maybe it was something else entirely. It didn't really matter. He was here now and he was going to do this. But yeah he was fucking cold, he was standing in the shallows of the island closest to the eastern bank of the mainland, making sure he didn't step a paw further. He wasn't looking to invade, especially not when things between his pack and this one was tense to say the least. That and the fact the swim took him twice as long as most wolves his size meant he was pretty drenched and frigid. Shivering but doing his best to remind himself if he went back now he'd have to do that swim again Crux tipped his head back and called for his first friend, his first crush. He called for Ajax. Ajax is not who he'd get.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (375)

Master Navigator (344)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
12-20-2023, 10:28 AM
The fact that Deluge was taking forever to get her band together was more than annoying. Scald had been ready to leave the pack ages ago, but it seemed his sister wanted to take her damn sweet time. It left him feeling rather disgruntled as he wandered the archipelago. Keeping to himself on the outskirts of the islands, he preferred the solitary compared to the bustling drama of the isle. Too many wolves and too much going on. All he wanted to do was wander and meet new wolves. A few lingered on his mind, but he hadn't seen them in awhile and that too upset him.

Kicking at a few rocks, Scald was surprised when he heard someone call out. Not for him, but for Ajax. Apparently whoever this was did not know that... Ajax was no longer around. The boy had disappeared and Scald assumed for good. Which was too bad because he liked Ajax quite a bit. Taking a deep breath, Scald prepares himself for the next bout of drama that might happen next. Making his way over, he spies the boy standing wet, cold, and shivering on the beach. Man, why did he have to do this to himself?

Approaching, he sizes the boy up before letting out a sigh. "Bad news, Ajax ain't here. Good news, I can make ya fire to help warm ya up," Scald gives the guy a shrug and an attempt at a smile though he has little effort for such things currently.

RAISE A LIL' HELL

Crux

Hellborn
Sinner

Expert Healer (211)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

01-03-2024, 02:32 AM

It wasn't Ajax who came to his call... That figured. Crux did his best not to grimace as he spotted an unfamiliar form approaching. Only a little taller than himself the unknown man didn't exactly seem happy. Crux shifted awkwardly, well aware he probably shouldn't have been here. He nodded slowly as the other man spoke and Crux couldn't help but chuckle bitterly. "That tracks." He mumbled, more to himself than for the stranger in front of him. He chewed on the offer of the fire though, filling with doubt. If Ajax was just gone shouldn't he be heading home? But he was chilled, and his hips were not happy at him and he couldn't imagine making it back to the mainland would be easy, and he very much didn't want to risk anything when it came to the sea especially when he was already pushing himself. Finally he sighed and nodded. "Might as well." He waited for the other man to lead him out of the shallows and onto dry land. "Sorry for making you have to come out here just to tell me Ajax isn't here... " He wanted to add to that, wanted to say something. He'd been just about ready to spill his emotions out and now that that wasn't going to happen he had too much emotional energy that had no where to go.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (375)

Master Navigator (344)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

02-05-2024, 08:12 AM
The pregnant silence that spread between them was understandable. Scald would probably feel the same way if he had swam all the way out to an island just to be told that the someone he was searching for was gone. He was feeling slightly awkward though. If the guy didn't want to stay for a fire, then just say it. But then he agreed with an almost defeated appearance that had his brow scrunching slightly. What was up with this guy?

Either way, Scald leads him from the shallows up to where the waves won't touch them. Moving about to grab some firewood and place it in the already conveniently placed ring of rocks from a previous fire, Scald only flicks an ear in the guy's direction. Sorry? "I don' do apologies nor do I accept them," he replies, his tone almost flat, but that hint of humor seeping through tells that he really doesn't mind it. Getting away from the isle and the stuffiness of too many puppies was a relief.

"Needed some time away from the family anyway," Scald comments as he produces a piece of flint from the small satchel tied around his neck. Though his paws are clumsy, he's able to create a spark good enough to light the tinder and dry grass that he's placed atop the wood. Sitting back with a relieving sigh, he looks to the guy with a light tilt of his head. "So why Ajax?" He asks, curious to know why someone cared about the peculiar boy.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH

Crux

Hellborn
Sinner

Expert Healer (211)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

02-05-2024, 01:05 PM

Crux grimaced as he followed the bigger wolf. Sand. He hated sand. It was coarse and rough and irritating and it got everywhere... And more importantly it gave Crux practically nothing to actually walk on. Solid ground was his friend and sand was not. Still he set his jaw and didn't complain even as he felt the way struggling to keep up was wrenching his leg. Even as he struggled to stay on his paws just from the simple act of walking. The last thing he was going to do was let a stranger think he was incapable, even if all he wanted was to not have to walk on the sand at all. He really did hate beaches.

All that said there is no masking the relief he finally felt when they stopped near the ring of rocks and Crux practically fell onto his ass, only his own pride keeping him from sprawling across the ground. Wincing at the movement needed to keep his leg properly folded at his side so he could sit like a "regular" non-disabled wolf. Still it wasn't standing, swimming or gods forbid walking on sand and after a moment the pain faded to a dull ache where it would stay as background noise for the time being. He didn't know how to respond to the refutation of his apology, so he offered his own slight smirk in return, glad at least he was sensing some levity from the other young man.

A brow rose as he mentioned needing to get away from the family and Crux idly wondered if the young man was related to the woman Dread had gotten to orchestrate his kidnapping... He still hadn't really understood why his brother had thought that would be a good idea. Finally though things finally circled back to Ajax and why Crux was here. He sighed, a paw rising on instinct to his chest, where he remembered he'd left both the feather pendant he'd had made after Ajax's visit and Triss' bracelet back in his den. He'd known there was likely a swim in his future and he hadn't wanted to risk losing either precious item. So his paw dropped to his other wrist, only the leather cuff had stayed on and he gently rubbed it as he centered and focused himself. "It's childish really..." He began, chuckling nervously. "And kind of a long story."

Crux stared into the flames for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "I'm uh, Crux. Dread's my brother." He started by way of introducing himself. "We have- had an older brother who was, well he was cruel. To me and two of my sisters in particular. Guess being born kinda set him off, especially being born in what he thought of as a broken state." He cast a glance at his leg. "Most of my very earliest memories are a blurr of fear and anger and hiding from that asshole.  I got off lucky when compared to my sisters..." There was a hardness to Crux as he spoke, he didn't hide the guilt he felt for how easy he'd gotten off when compared to Kite and Vanta but he mostly only held anger and contempt, for the brute who'd masqueraded as his brother. But he also didn't want to dwell, and he wasn't interested in dumping all of his trauma on a total stranger. "I've really only got one clear memory from that time." He continued, face and tone lightening as he remembered that day in the market, mouth even twitching into a small smile. "It's dumb but the memory is of Ajax. He'd come to the Armada market by himself and we... We just played, I showed him who we could bribe into giving us some honey comb and he gave me a feather from his duck and- He was the first wolf I'd ever met who wasn't my litter mates or parents that showed me basic kindness, who didn't see me as a walking mistake." Crux's gaze had slid from the fire to his paws, where he focused on them intently as if doing so could hide the blush that had crept onto his face or the very clear affection that had found its way into his tone. "I'd only ever seen him the once, so he probably doesn't even remember it but I- I guess I just wanted to let him know how important that had been for me." That was the closest he'd ever gotten to confessing the very embarrassing fact he'd been harbouring a crush on a wolf he'd met exactly once as a kid.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (375)

Master Navigator (344)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

02-05-2024, 04:06 PM
The tense and wincing expression on the other lad's face as he moves to sit is not lost on Scald. He's at least polite enough to not stare, but noticed the crystals lining one leg. As much as he wants to ask, he won't. He enjoys gossip, but hurting feelings aren't his thing. So instead, he pokes at the fire with a stick grasped between his teeth and waits silently for the boy to start talking.

Both his ears were alert to the boy and he can't help but tilt his head at the chuckle. A funny story? Sounded interesting enough and golly, it sure was. First, bringing up Dread? So he's one of his brothers, eh? Interesting to have another Armadan on their territory, he hadn't noticed before as sea water was good at wiping away scents. He nods though in recognition, he'll tell Crux after his story how he connects to this as well.

It's the next part that sends his quills upward and his fur bristling. His older brother was cruel to them? No fucking wonder Dread wanted out of that hell hole. Scald's paws tense in the sand as he focuses on tending to the fire. If he keeps himself distracted enough, he won't grow any more furious at the idea of someone torturing little pups. And if he has any idea of what Armadan asshole that might, Scald hoped he slept with one Abraxas damn eye open.

Scald is able to relax though, feeling a little bit of sadness, as Crux tells him about his playdate with Ajax. He too missed the fiery pirate and wished he would one day return, but it had been months now... His hope was running thin. There's still a feeling of frustration in Scald that surprisingly makes him want to march over to Armada and yell at Sirius for allowing such horrendous things to happen to his offspring. How the fuck was that even allowed? Everyone could shit on the raiders all they wanted, but at least they respect and raised their pups without abuse.

Letting out a sigh, he finally tears his eyes away from the fire up to Crux. Dropping the stick to the ground, he shifts his weight before he begins, trying to obtain a more comfortable position. "Scald, Deluge's sister. So we migh' be in laws one day," there's humor in his tone as he lets out a short laugh. There's was something about the pair that screamed soul mate. "Whoever this brother of yours is, I'd personally like to kick his ass myself," there goes his quills again, appearing from beneath his fur as it bristles from frustration. "You ain't a mistake just cause yer born with something different," his voice is stern, teeth gritting together as he keeps his gaze on Crux.

"I'm sorry Ajax ain't here to hear what you gotta say. Honestly, haven' seen him in nearly a year. No one gots any idea where he ran off to," Scald shakes his head, finally bringing his gaze down toward his paws. A soft but defeated sigh leaves him.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Reality Check Dove Island Archipelago 04:14 PM, 11-20-2023 12:05 PM, 03-31-2024