An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

WinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - DemisexualDouble Master
WordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow1K
04-15-2024, 05:45 PM
Absinth prepared for her next lesson, she couldn't resist a smirk aimed at her attentive audience. “The boy and his family lived, and walked away without an ounce of bloodshed. Doesn’t that make for a happy ending?” She began, her voice full of amusement. “As I’ve said. Strength isn't just physical. No matter how strong you think you are, there's always a vulnerability, a weakness that can bring even the mightiest down to their knees.”

Her gaze shifted to the sky, where her ravens circled above, adding an ominous air to her words. “When faced with challenges, do you see yourselves as helpless as the boy who led his family to ruin? What choices would you have made? What could you have done better? Absinth paused, her charcoal tail tapping against the ground as she awaited their responses, her expression expectant, almost challenging.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and sadistic. Discretion advised.

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
04-15-2024, 05:52 PM

Cadaver leaned in, his bright heterochromatic eyes locked onto Absinth's as she spoke. The tale she spun was unlike anything he had ever heard, and it left him questioning everything he thought he knew. As Absinth threw her inquiries at him, a fire ignited within Cadaver. "If someone tried to use me as a pawn, I'd laugh in their face," he declared boldly. "I don't play by anyone else's rules but my own. And I'll do whatever it takes to protect what’s mine without compromising my beliefs." He smirked. It was easy to be a dumb, cocky kid. "As you said, even the toughest have their weak spots. But it's all about turning those weaknesses into your own strengths.” But clearly, he knew it all.

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Illusion

Insomnia
Darkling

Novice Fighter (15)

Chaotic

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
TrenRanu

Pride - Polysexual
04-15-2024, 06:03 PM

Illusion watched from the sidelines, her gaze shifting between her brother and the strange woman telling stories. She had tracked her brother down, finding him amidst a gathering of children. There was a tension in the air, an energy that crackled with each word offered by the woman. It was… exhilarating. Illusion hadn’t seen another soul with that look in their eyes before. It was so uninhibited.  She found herself wishing she could take the woman’s skin and wear it, like it would change her own skin from needing to pretend all the time.

She couldn't help but feel a surge of pride as Cadaver boldly declared his resolve, a smile curling the edges of her lips as she listened in on the topic She hadn't heard the whole story about the boy, but only the part where his parents were forced to choose between his life and their title. The deep slate girl felt all warm inside at that. A twisted satisfaction at the thought of forcing someone to bend to her will.

illu

Illu lacks general emotions, be warned her brain isn't wired right.

Nimue

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Aislyn

ScarredSnake EyesCritical Fail!
04-15-2024, 06:38 PM

Absinth wasted no time moving into her next lesson; perhaps it was because she had an audience to listen, or she truly wanted to teach them something. But Nimue didn’t get the same energy from Absinth, as she did Talyssa; something about this woman made her feel compelled to listen with palpable interest.

She’d mention strength again, noting it stems beyond the physical sense; touching on vulnerability, a weakness that can quell even the most powerful titan. Those acidic eyes shifted to the sky, and Nimue followed them with interest; noticing the ravens circling from above, enhancing the ominous aura of the gathering. Cadaver was the first to chime in, and Nimue nodded her head in agreement. She’d never be someones pawn. “Easy. I would have attacked them on sight.” She says with a shrug of her shoulder. If she’d been strong enough in her past, she would have fought until her last breath to save her family.  

"Speech"

Caution: Nimue is unpredictable, ornery, & loves to fight!

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

WinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - DemisexualDouble Master
04-15-2024, 07:05 PM

Absinth leaned back slightly, a thoughtful expression crossing her impish features as she considered the boy’s bold declaration. “So confident.” She began, her voice carrying the promise of wisdom and strength as she leaned closer to him. “You are the exact opposite of the boy, yet the same mistake afflicts you as well. There is danger in being too naive, in underestimating the cunning of others. You may not want to be a pawn, but simply wanting something is not enough sometimes. It is a game, all of it is. The way you play it determines the outcome.”

She gestured toward the horizon, where the shadows of dusk were beginning to stretch across the land. “Learn this world for its cruelties and its harsh realities, little ones.” She explained. “It's not just about strength or defiance. It's about understanding the game being played and finding your place within it. Will it be to fight tooth and claw? Outwit your opponent? How? What opportunity? What can you learn in the meantime? How can you control your fate? Absinth's gaze sharpened as she looked at him, a touch of appreciation in her eyes. “You have the fire within you, but temper it with wisdom and skill, She advised. “You can have all the bravado you wish for, but if you cannot back it, then you will be nothing in the end. Have nothing.” She knew first hand.

As her gaze swept over the group, she noted the russet girl's resolve, her voice carrying a purr of agreement. “I understand,” She rumbled out with a tremble of her inky lips, voice resonant with the girl’s demeanor. “Sometimes, the only option is to fight, to protect what's important to you. To live the way you want to. To be who you want to be. What is it you desire the most? What, in your young lives, calls to you?”

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
04-15-2024, 07:12 PM

Cadaver absorbed Absinth's words with a mixture of contemplation and intrigue. Her assessment of his boldness and confidence struck a chord within him, prompting him to reevaluate his approach to the world around him- or at least, if only in this moment. As she spoke of the dangers of naivety and the importance of understanding the complexities of the world, Cadaver felt a sense of urgency to heed her advice- to not be outdone when it really counted.

He nodded thoughtfully as Absinth urged them to learn the cruelties and realities of the world, recognizing the truth in her words. It wasn't just about strength or defiance; it was about strategy, adaptability, and seizing opportunities when they arose. Cadaver's mind raced with questions as he considered Absinth's guidance, his heterochromatic eyes shimmering with newfound determination.

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Illusion

Insomnia
Darkling

Novice Fighter (15)

Chaotic

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
TrenRanu

Pride - Polysexual
04-15-2024, 07:26 PM

The woman's insight cut through the air like a blade. There was a weight to her words, a gravity that struck deep within Illusion's core. This woman understood. At least, she didn’t try to sugarcoat anything! As Absinth spoke of the dangers of naivety, Illusion found herself nodding in agreement. And when the woman turned her gaze towards her, Illusion felt a surge of recognition pass between them. Maybe she could see? See what Illusion was hiding? The woman continues on speaking of finding one’s place in the world, of wisdom and skill and control.

“To be who I want to be…” Illusion whispered, her voice steady despite the tremble of emotion that lingered. To be free from the constraints of expectation and deception. To embrace the truth of who she was, unapologetically and without reservation. Was it possible? Or would she face rejection?

illu

Nimue

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Aislyn

04-15-2024, 07:32 PM

Nimue watched with interest as Absinth honed in on Cadaver, granting him both guidance and wisdom. And although the words were targeted at him more than her, Nimue listened with keen interest, trying to apply her teachings to situations she’d already encountered. She was right, sometimes you didn’t intend to be a pawn, but you were one; Nimue knew that well, being a product of war. She liked Absinth’s wording; how she referred to it as a game, and how you played, determines the outcome. Nodding her head, she continues to lean forward in her seat, noticeably interested.

Learn this world for its cruelties and harsh realities; Nimue had done that, ten-fold. She’d grown accustomed to it, learned to live in it, but she didn’t know how to thrive in it, like Absinth taught. She needed to find her place in it; she already knew she’d err on the side of using her tooth and claw, over speculation and mind games. That’s how she would control her fate; she’d become strong enough to battle any foe, no matter how formidable they were.

But she needed to heed Absinth’s words; temper her fire with wisdom and skill. Jumping straight into a fight hadn’t helped her yet; she’s lost all but one so far. She needed the skill, and she believed with this guidance, she might achieve it.

Absinth turned his attention to her, commenting on her statement, and Nimue nodded her head. “I want to protect myself, and be confident in my fighting style." She’d say, puffing her little chest out. She was tiny, had no family, no friends. All she had was Chimera and his group, but she didn’t fit in too well. The least she could do, was be capable of protecting herself against any enemy.  

"Speech"

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

04-15-2024, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM by Absinth. Edited 1 time in total.)
She rather liked that girl. She was straightforward, and those eyes... a rough life. She gave the girl a grin, nodding in approval. Absinth concluded her lesson with a final sweep of her gaze over the attentive group, her expression mischievous. “Shape your path. Let no one, nothing, stand in your way. If all else fails, you would have lived the way you wanted, and died the way you lived. Don’t fear death, fear meeting the reaper and not being able to meet his eyes with confidence.” She emphasized, emeralds glittering with said confidence. The woman stood, and began to circle the little group, a raven coming down to land on her shoulder and peer at the children as well. “Strength, cunning, tenacity, or resilience – find your path and walk it with conviction.

She paused, allowing her words to linger in the air before continuing. “Play the game. Be vigilant, stay adaptable. Learn. Be relentless. How do you think I survived? Now I thrive~ To each she gave a long look, as though she could see within their very souls, and appreciate them that way. Then, she saw herself out. Perhaps one of the little ones would follow her for more insight.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
04-15-2024, 07:50 PM

Cadaver absorbed Absinth's parting words with a mixture of awe and determination. Her presence was like a whirlwind of wisdom and mystery, leaving him with more questions than answers yet a newfound sense of purpose. As she emphasized the importance of shaping one's own path and facing death with confidence, Cadaver felt a surge of resolve coursing through his veins. He watched as Absinth circled the group, her raven perched upon her shoulder like a loyal sentinel. There was an undeniable allure to her, a sense of power and authority that commanded attention and respect.

With a nod of acknowledgment, Cadaver made a silent vow to heed Absinth's teachings and embrace the challenges that lay ahead. Strength, cunning, tenacity, resilience—these were the qualities he would cultivate as he carved out his place in the world. And as Absinth departed, leaving behind a lingering sense of possibility and intrigue, Cadaver felt a newfound sense of purpose burning brightly within him.

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Illusion

Insomnia
Darkling

Novice Fighter (15)

Chaotic

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
TrenRanu

Pride - Polysexual
04-15-2024, 09:58 PM

As the woman concluded her lesson and made her exit, Illusion found herself contemplating the woman's words with an obsessive admiration. Despite her unfeeling tendencies, she had truly resonated with the monochromatic females words. It was honest. Brutally so.

There was something undeniably appealing about the idea of shaping her own path, of embracing her desires without reservation or fear. The confidence and charisma of the woman had captivated her, stirring excitement within her cold, calculating heart.

As the slate girl watched her teacher depart, a sly smile tugged at the corners of Illusion's lips. Perhaps there was more to be gained from playing the game than she had previously thought.

illu

Nimue

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Aislyn

04-17-2024, 01:19 AM

In the conclusion of her lesson, Absinth instructs them all to shape their paths, letting no one stand in their way. Nimue’s mind immediately turns to Chimera, who claimed her into his pack and uprooted her already disheveled life. She wonders how different things would be, if she had run instead of fought him; but that wouldn’t have been true to her nature. She just needed to shape her path from here on out. She’d find benefits in her new home, she’d hone her skills, and she’d prepare herself to break away from Chimera and his group. Even though she was starting to get attached to the old man.

When a raven came down and landed on Absinth’s shoulder, Nimue looked up at it with intrigue. Maybe she should claim a companion or two. Having an eye in the sky was beneficial, no doubt. It was one of the many things that helped Absinth thrive, as she said. And Nimue was ready to thrive too.  

"Nimue Vasanti"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Listen Close, Little Ones Mount Volkan 05:45 PM, 04-15-2024 10:07 PM, 04-19-2024