Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-09-2022, 03:25 AM
The Warlord had thoroughly chastised the young girl after rescuing her from Fern Gully. Her explanation of the Warlord ‘vanishing’ like their mother had both twinged his heartstrings and angered him. Thoroughly frustrated with her, he was more than happy to hand her over to Varity for a puppy playdate.

Then, finally, he would get a chance to catch up with Banshee. He had seated himself on the soft grass of the meadow as they waited for Banshee's child to arrive. Kite was the picture of innocence now. Seated at his paws, and chewing on a bone his soft-hearted feline companion had given her. He sighed, and ruffled the fur between the girl's ears. Careful not to ask Banshee too many questions in front of his curious young child, he stretched out a paw, and looked her over. “How's Ashen treating you?” he asked, thinking the question innocent enough.

"Sirius"

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
12-09-2022, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 04:08 AM by Banshee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Their reunion took a turn when news of a seemingly lost pup made it to them. Banshee happily accompanied Sirius to the Gulley to collect his daughter. The entire situation made her glad Verity wasn't as adventurous, yet. She knew there was a mischievous spark in her daughter and time would only tell how that blossoms. After a solid scolding from her father and determining she was unharmed Banshee had offered to call on Verity so she could meet Sirius and go play with Kite. This would give Seer and Ban their chance to actually talk and maybe she wanted to help cheer up the freshly discipline pup.

Banshee watched as Kite gnawed on the bone and a little smile swam across her lips. "I teethed on bones when my fangs came in." The little one reminded Ban of a younger version of herself. - Her attention was shifted to Sirius as a question was tossed her way. Banshee took a moment to think on the inquire before responding. "Honestly, it has been nice. Verity has already started healing lessons and seems to really enjoy her new home." A pause. "I did go to the former Armada lands to seek you out. When I found the territory unclaimed I made my way to Ashen. Venom told me you moved and I made the decision to stay. I knew Ver would thrive in that environment and she does." Her decision was purely based on that of her daughter. If it weren't for Verity Ban would have immediately made the trip to Armada. Her daughter was in no way a fighter or innately ambitious. She was a small thing focused on learning more about nature and with Armada being an militant environment Banshee thought Ashen would serve Verity more, and it does.

A few moments passed as she pondered the entire situation, her jaws parted to speak but the sound of pad falls swept her attention elsewhere. A smile moved across her lips as her daughter made her way to them. Relief washed over the young Mother to see her daughter was seemingly unbothered and unharmed. "Come come."

She hurried the pup with a tiny swish of her tail. Ban looked to Sirius, flashing a grin, then back to her daughter. "Verity, this is Sirius and his daughter Kite." Ban gestured to the duo with a front paw. "Sirius and Kite, this is my daughter Verity." Warmth welled in her chest as she realized at one point she never thought this day would come. To introduce her dear daughter to the male who had single handedly saved her life and raised her proper.

After introductions Banshee turned her attention to the younglings, "You two may go play." A pause as she turned on mother bear mode. "Do not venture too far and stay out of trouble. If anything happens, howl." Banshee took a moment to sternly look at Verity but then also at Kite. After a good moment, allowing Sirius to get his piece in if he wanted, Ban smiled. "Run along."

Speech

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Verity

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Kara
12-09-2022, 04:32 AM

The call from Mother was incredibly unexpected. It was pretty far away but it urgently beckoned the youngling to head to her. Verity hestitated only for a moment before deciding she needed to listen. What if something was wrong? A small bit of nerves welled within the girl as she set out into unclaimed territory. The swamplands with incredibly intriguing. Beaming with life and mystery. But, this was the first time she was venturing out completely alone. None of Mother's companions to accompany her. Thankfully she knew she wasn't that far away from her Mom and Ashen was at her rear.

At first the journey was rather exciting but after she was swallowed by the Swamplands she felt rather alone. Verity remained on the path in the direction of the howl. She was mindful of each and every noise that made it her way. Green eyes were wide as they scanned the water each time she passed, wondering if there was something lurking beneath ready to eat her up. Ver was very tiny and was reminded of that in moments like these.

A lot of those nerves seemed to vanish when she entered the Gulley. She was able to catch her Mother's scent pretty quickly and the youngling ran in that directions. Small legs carried deeper into the territory until she caught up with the group. Ver was glad to see her Mom seemed fine and chatting with two others. A really big black Wolf and a pup at his paws. Honestly, Verity had never seen such a massive Wolf in her life. Some in Ashen was as tall but not as big.

Ver was ushered on by her Mother and the babe complied. She found her spot at Ban's side and offered a small smile to the pair. Sirius and Kite, she'd need to remember those names. "Hello." The pup felt silly after such a simple response but she really didn't know what else to say. Her eyes moved from Sirius to his daughter Kite, noticing the blindfold. She wanted to tilt her head in curiosity but figured that would be rude. - Just as Verity was starting to wonder why she was there Banshee sent the two off on a play date. This called for her tail to begin wagging and her smile to brighten, "We will be good!" Reassuring her worrisome Mother Ver looked to Kite, "Lets go before she changes her mind!" Ver then set off in a light trot, hoping her new sightless friend would follow.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-11-2022, 06:46 PM
The Warlord listened, and nodded his head in understanding. That explained how she had gone to Ashen, it would have been a long trek to take through the harsher North with her young child. He could understand why the solo parent might choose instead to stay with the pack that had always been their ally, their family. It rankled that she hadn’t sent news that she was alive, but with everything going on in his life, it was hard to call up too much emotion over it. The truth was, he wasn’t in the Armada at this time regardless.

As the appearance of a child caught Banshee’s attention, the Warlord pitched his voice low so only Banshee could hear it. “Do I have permission to call her my grandchild?” he asked before Verity could overhear. At Banshee’s agreement, and calling her daughter closer, the Warlord grinned at Verity, nodding his head to her. “Hello, Granddaughter, It's good to meet you” He said, taking a look at the tiny pup. His eyes crinkled in genuine fondness as he took her in. “Go on then Kite. Marshal, keep an eye on them. No more trouble today Kite, alright?” he scolded her gently before giving her a nudge to help guide her to Verity.

He watched and waited until the children had left before turning his attention back to Banshee. “You haven’t told me about the circumstances in how you came to have a daughter?” he prompted gently.

"Sirius"

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
12-13-2022, 01:45 AM

“Do I have permission to call her my grandchild?” The question drew forth a large smile from Ban as she offered a firm nod. "Of course, Sirius." How could she deny him such a thing? As of right now Verity had no grandparents. Banshee's parents were either dead or long gone. Her ex-husbands family was out of the picture. Sirius would easily fill that gap for the both of them.

As the children left her attention was fully on the Warlord. Her mind rolled over the past few years as he inquired further. She started with a small nod before beginning,

"I met someone." A swallow.
"His name is Daevar Faine. I've always been prone to falling hard and fast, and I did. He is the reason I left... I fell in love and got tangled in his web. It's no excuse for abandoning what I had here, but I was so incredibly blinded by my love for him..." She watched him for only a moment before continuing.
"Everything was good in the beginning, really good. For the first year of our relationship I was happy and it was healthy. But, as soon as I became pregnant the first time he changed. Daevar became possessive and controlling, slowly. When I lost that litter before term and he became distant and I didn't know what to do, despite his change I didn't want to lose the Wolf I loved. So, we tried again when I could and I became pregnant, with Verity." Another pause, she was idly kneading the dirt below her front paws due to her rising nerves.
"During this pregnancy he got worse. Every time I left the den he'd ask a thousand questions. Who was I with? Where did I go? Did anyone touch me? Even if I merely went for a walk around the band's territory or got some water at the creek. It was suffocating but what was I to do? I was about to have a pup and he took care of me. So, I stayed for the time being. I thought perhaps that once Verity was born he would lighten up. But, he did not. He was just as controlling and horrible with her. The poor girl barely got to leave the den or play with the other pups.
That was no life for her to live. So, as soon as she was old enough to make the trip we left."
Banshee exhaled as she shrugged gently,
"We escaped when he was off on a long patrol and I never looked back." Perhaps that was more then he asked for, but it was the first time she had ever verbalized her story. It was honestly such a relief to get it off her chest. Her eyes stung gently as tears threatened to fall, but she wouldn't allow it. Ban fluttered her lashes and took in a few deep breaths.
"I should have never left, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have her. All I can say is I am glad that we are here now." She managed a gentle smile as her eyes met his.

Speech

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-13-2022, 02:01 AM
The Warlord settled down to listen to the story. Listening without speaking as Banshee began her explanation. Telling him of where her life had begun to split from his own. That she had left without requesting permission, or notifying him, didn’t sit well. But he let it go. It was well in the past now, and they were different people to who they had been then.

So he listened, as Banshee unfolded a life in which she had been ensnared by a wolf who wasn’t as he seemed. Who led her astray, and used her. It was clear there was some fear of this male still, despite finding a new life in Ashen. “Give her my name.” The Warlord said. It was a suggestion, if only barely. “Klein-Fatalis. And I will fight for her. Should he ever return to your life, and attempt to lay claim to her, I will let him know the error of his ways. She would be my granddaughter” He said, that possessive streak showing as he held his steady gaze to her. He was not asking her to uproot Verity from Ashen, but he was asking for some claim to the girl. And in doing so, he would protect her.

"Sirius"

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
12-23-2022, 10:56 PM

Banshee focused on her breathing so she could calm down a bit after reopening those those wounds. It was hard not to feel a touch embaressed about getting herself into that situation to begin with but all she could think of is how she and her daughter were out and safe. That is all that mattered, in the end. - The next words to break the silence shocked Banshee. Bright blue eyes widened as she looked to Sirius. The burn of tears came back but once again the gal didn't allow any to fall. Banshee, without hesitation, followed his explanation with a firm nod. How could she deny such a proposal? Previously, Banshee had gone by Fatalis but when she left she'd strip herself of the name out of shame. To have the opportunity to have it back made her heart swim with relief and joy. The fanged girl stood and closed the distance between them, aiming to lean against him and nuzzle his chest in the form of a gentle hug. "I don't deserve you..." She sighed gently, "Thank you, Sirius. I will not forsake your name again. You have my word." She knew now if she ever needed to take some time or leave it was only right to let him know. No longer can she allow search parties to come after her when she feels the need to take a break from this life. She owed it to him and her family to not be so flippant.

Breaking out of the hug, Banshee looked up to Sirius and searched his features. "You've heard my story." Her eyes poured into his, "Tell me yours." A pause. "You looked ravenous at the Battlefield. What got you to that point?"

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-08-2023, 02:13 AM
The Warlord gave a gruff grunt as Banshee moved closer, leaning against him and offering a nuzzle. He wrapped a paw about her. It was good to have her back. She was just lucky the Warlord had learned a thing or two about holding people too tight since he had seen her last. In the past, he would have snapped her up and taken her back to the Armada. A part of him wanted to. He was desperate to keep those he cared about near. But he could see her logic, and understood that she would prosper in Ashen. It helped too, to know that taking her would put him at odds with Venom, who was beloved to him.

“Good.” He said simply, letting her go when she pulled away. “You’ll always have a home with me, Banshee. You and your daughter both” he promised. And if her past came chasing after her, she would know now that she would find sanctuary with him.

He grimaced at her next words. He didn’t want to tell it again, he relieved it with every telling. “My children lost their mother.” He said, turning his head from her. Not saying her name, for the pain that speaking it caused.

"Sirius"

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
02-07-2023, 04:34 AM

One day Banshee may find herself back in Armada. Once Verity was old enough and it felt right. There was also a chance the Mother would never have the desire to leave. They'd cross that bridge when the time came. Sirius was nice enough to reassure here again. Stating that they would both always have a home with him and Banshee fully believed him. Her heart sung with joy to have him back in her life. Ban was determined to never allow such a space to come between them again.

The painful words that etched from the brute's mouth made her broke that singing heart of hers. Banshee's head hung low as her eyes squeezed shut for a moment. Zee. A wonderful Queen and Mother. Ban expelled a long breath before suddenly moving to nuzzle into him again. Pressing against him and lifting a leg in efforts of a hug. "Seer..." Silence washed over them then. There were no words. She wasn't going to ask for details.

After some time she finally spoke, "I will come visit soon, Seer. If you will have me." His den was going to feel incredibly empty without his Zee. She'd make a point to visit often to help keep him company.

Speech