Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
player
Admins
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:59 PM by Nyx.)
Absences & Scarcities

If you are going to be away from Ardent for an extended amount of time, or real life is just catching up and you'll be slower, please post here so that we have records of it, and other people may see what's going on. Fill out the form below and you're all set.

Having an absence notice here excuses you from having challenges made for your pack, while you are gone (unless extenuating circumstances cause a consistent prolonging in your leave), and will also be excused from alpha activity checks for the week. However, this also means that if you are caught posting you will be removed from this list and expected to complete alpha activity checks as usual.

Having a scarcity notice up means that you are not excused from site activity checks, but must still meet alpha requirements as needed.

Make sure to edit your post here when you get back saying that the absence is no longer in effect or post in maintenance to have the post deleted.

To be clear. When on an absence, if you are caught posting from the start date of your absence or anywhere in between, until the end date of your absence, you will be removed from the absent list. Meaning, that if you are an Alpha, you will be expected to meet the Alpha requirements, and answer any challenges. Regular members will also be expected to answer any challenges made to them. Alphas may be excused from posting for 1 OOC week only and must have posted that absence by Wednesday on the week they want excused.

On a scarcity notice, Alphas are still required to meet the alpha requirements, and answer any challenges. Regular members are also expected to answer any challenges.

Code:
<b>Type:</b> Absence or scarcity?
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Characters:</b>
<b>Date leaving:</b>
<b>Date returning:</b>
<b>Why?:</b>

Bellamy

Winterfell
Commoner

Advanced Fighter (90)
Novice Intellectual (20)
gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Belle

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
05-07-2020, 02:26 PM
Type: No clue.
Name: Belle
Characters: All
Date leaving: Now
Date returning: No clue.
Why?:

-I don't feel respected on here {not getting into that. It's been an ongoing issue.}
-I'm not respected at home and have no other means to get a new living situation that won't make my mental state worse than it already is.
-I'm stressed and so depressed I spent the majority of my time since Tuesday sleeping. [6pm Tues - 3am Weds], [ 8pm Weds - 1am Thurs] [2am Thurs - 1pm Thurs].
-Mother's Day and Mom's Death Day fall on the same day this year. I also have to work my long shift that day with someone who is arrogant and refuses to do his job properly.
-I feel like no character or idea I create is good enough and want to throw them all on a fire.

If it is important to get a hold of me you will have to add me as a friend on discord since unless we share a server I don't think discord will let you through. Right now I'm just sick of everyone and everything and nothing I do is good enough or correct so I just need to disappear.

Diana

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)
Intermediate Hunter (30)
gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-03-2020, 07:05 PM
Type: Scarcity and/or absence
Name: Lolaf
Characters: All of them
Date leaving: today
Date returning: tbh idk
Why?: Just dealing with a lot right now, and emotions are just a lot. I may make a few posts when I can but I don't really want to make any promises. I'm around to chat and if you need me for meetings etc let me know but things are just a lot

Tyrian

Fireside
King

Master Intellectual (275)
Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

ExplorerVolcano1KTreat 2019
06-07-2020, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 10:40 PM by Tyrian.)
Type: Absence
Name: Laz
Characters: all
Date leaving: sometime in may?
Date returning: tbd
Why?: The best way to sum it up is to say 2020 is a raging dumpster fire and everything has to suck? Apparently? Basically RL is hectic and depending on the day in question I either don't have the time, energy or both for Ardent like I'd like to. I'll be prioritizing Tyrian but trying to keep up with everyone else as much as possible. Posts will probably be limited to the weekends.

EDIT: changing this to absence for the week of 6/15-22. My grandpa passed away this week and I just don't think I'm going to be in the right frame of mind for catching up on posts like I planned. Sorry guys, if you have any questions I try to check discord regularly so that's the best place to reach me.
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Fireside
Master-of-the-Cure

Master Fighter (280)
Master Healer (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-12-2020, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 11:28 AM by Álarr.)
DELETE

Rayios

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)
Beginner Hunter (0)
gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
KittyKookiez
06-19-2020, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 09:08 AM by Rayios.)
Type: Scarcity Absence
Name: KittyKookiez
Characters: Rayios, Ryan, Polaroid
Date leaving: June 8th, give or take July 1st
Date returning: Unknown
Why?: Losing muse for the site. Ardent's design makes having meaningful plots with rogue characters hard to come by. They have no purpose. I'm also starting to miss the fantasy/multi-species aspect of animal rping, where there are different opportunities for all kinds of characters. This is just my opinion. Going on temporary leave. If I don't return in 2 weeks, I've left the site
Adopt one today!

Deathbelle

Ashen
Empress

Master Fighter (240)
Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
KatG6

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Type: Scarcity Warning
Name: KatG6
Characters: like 25 of them
Date leaving: have been
Date returning: soon?
Why?: I'll definitely be around! Work has been really busy though and i've been putting in extra hours. This has mostly been effecting my secondary characters so if you'd like me to focus on a particular thread please send me a message over discord! Deathbelle, Venom, Poem, and Rhyme will be my mains and most everyone else will be on the backburner.
Where My Demons Hide
As her sworn guard Sirius may enter any of her threads
Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Resin

Ashen Armada
lieutenant

Master Fighter (250)
Expert Hunter (200)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Resin
07-04-2020, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 06:43 PM by Resin.)
Type: Absence
Name: Resin
Characters: All of them.
Date leaving: 8/1/20
Date returning: Tentatively 8/8/20
Why?: Vacation.

Magnus

Ashen Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (200)
Novice Hunter (20)
gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
skelle

Silver Medal 20201K
07-16-2020, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2020, 06:27 PM by Magnus.)
delete!

I am not a part of the public chat, so please dm me @ skelle#8453 if i'm tagged!
Magnus is considered a mature character and all of his threads may contain foul language regardless of tag!
It can be assumed that his hyena and wild dog companions are not with him unless mentioned, or unless
he is outside of Armada/Ashen territory where they will be around and watching even if not mentioned.
Magnus is currently healing from a bear attack and will be healed as of august 1st,  but will remain stiff and sore.
His ears have been poorly cropped (long) and may not appear in his art.
Deathbelle and any Fatalis may join any thread they see fit.

Álarr

Fireside
Master-of-the-Cure

Master Fighter (280)
Master Healer (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Type: Absence + Character Notice!
Name: lunarcat7
Characters: All
Date leaving: Technically last night
Date returning: 8-4
Why?: I'm visiting my folks and helping out with peach and sweet corn harvest. I won't have time to post but I do plan to catch up on judging if possible but it'll be later at night.

Also, the OCD has struck again! I have 8 chars I'm planning to bring in to Ardent to reuse designs that have been nagging me since January. I do not have the gems for slots for everyone so I will be setting a bunch of chars inactive. This will be temporary! As soon as I have enough gems I'll be bringing others back.

I plan to spree up skills for the new chars since they'll be older and I'd like them at advanced to reflect their age so hopefully I'll wrack those gems up asap!

Heads up on those that may be set inactive and reasons for it.

Aerndis - will fall ill, probably with pneumonia

Brandr - he broke his leg in a hunt recently so he'll be recovering

Drífa - also will fall ill, she's going to pass from cancer eventually. I think she'll want to retire from Grand Maester to Elder.

Eldi - recovering from broken ribs

Luta - she's just off wandering. I can throw someone else in her threads and have her exit if folks prefer

Pyralis - she'll also just be off wandering. I'll wrap up her thread with Asla first!

Thanks all for your patience!

Thread Move Log

Thread Forum From To
1. Absences & Scarcity 11:16 AM, 08-21-2013 03:18 PM, 11-15-2019