size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
01-25-2023, 02:27 AM

Thorn had teamed up with one of his little cousins to gather wood for the bonfire.  A strip of leather with a knotted loop in it made for a simple sheath that his wooden sword rested in.  Someday, the large pup imagined a fancy sheath just like his dad had but for now, a bit of leather around his waist would do.  

Thorn had also brought one of the hallows alpacas with them, a pack tossed over its back so that it would be in charge of carrying the sticks.  Thorn felt pretty clever at coming up with the idea.  “Now, we want some pretty fat branches to make a good bonfire.”

The two walked the birder of the berry grove as they hunted down good sticks.  It was kind of like actually patrolling, right?  Someday this would actually be a job of his but for now, it was more fun to imagine it was a responsibility of his.  No reason not to practice, right?  So as they walked along the edge, hunting for the branches Thorn also took time to scent the ground for anything that might be dangerous.  

“I use to grab a lot of branches out here to make swords but, not as large as I’d imagine for a bonfire.  I hear bonfires are giant, huge fires.  Bigger and brighter than anything you’ve ever seen.” Bigger than anything Thorn had ever seen for that matter also. “I’d use a stick for the crossguard and another for the blade and handle.  The first few were pretty bad though.”  Practice makes perfect.

"Thorn Carpathius"

Caladia

The Hallows
Youngling

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Hermes
01-29-2023, 06:07 PM

The younger and much smaller Caladia eagerly walks alongside her older cousin Thorn as the pair go in of search for big branches for the bonfire. Wide, excited eyes watch her older cousin as he speaks, eagerly soaking up his words of wisdom. He has been alive longer than her plus he is Dusk’s sibling which, in the hodgepodge-hued girl’s mind, means he must be super smart. Short legs try to keep with Thorn and the alpaca as Callie listens to him, nodding along as she turns her mismatched eyes out in search for really big branches.

However, he attention is suddenly diverted by his talk of them being good swords and Callie’s eyes round with awe.  Eagerly, she asks, “Are you going have a real sword one day? Like my mom and your dad?” Paws tap the ground with excitement as she looks to him, eyes sparkling with wonder as she looks at Thorn. Suddenly, a branch catches the distractible girl’s attention and she bounds over to it and grabs it with her mouth.

With the overly large piece safely in her maw, Caladia turns and stumbles back to where her cousin is and proudly proclaims, around the branch in her mouth, “Teach me!” Tail wags as she waits to learn about wooden swords... and what they do.

"Caladia Carpathius"