gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-03-2022, 09:40 PM

The saluki girl walked as far as possible, away from the swamp and away from the muck. Thankful Takeshi had been around, but unwilling to stick with him for a bit, she roamed this strange and new realm. It felt surreal to find herself so far from her home. Would she ever go back? Would anyone come for her? Surely the old woman who took her in ages ago... Well, let us be real. Angel was one of many. The elder probably had enough on her plate. Sure, she had raised Angel but she was not her mother. She allowed her to go on that expedition anyway. This was all Angel's fault, if the old woman was here. Clearly.

Sniffing along the ground, she felt this place to be wrong. Every damn thing here was wrong, to be frank. It was not good enough for her, who longed for comfort and pedigree. There were wolves here, a urban legend. She assumed they were all dead, but here they are... In another realm, overpopulated. Fit to burst. She bit back an annoyed sigh as she continued on. The world around her darkened. Perhaps it would be prudent to return to Takeshi... Wherever he was. She felt no need to go back, curiosity was a thing... This would prove to be a downfall. She yelped suddenly, her ankle catching on a deep hole.

Angel began to bark and throw a subtle fit. First mud, now this? When would the karma be less of a bitch?

"Talk, 'Think.'

Kore

Loner

Expert Fighter (165)

Advanced Intellectual (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Ooh La La
08-05-2022, 07:50 PM

The days since Kore and his large family had settled in next to the Rio Grande have been the same for the galaxy-hued boy. Each day, Kore wakes up with his siblings, they eat and putter around near the river’s edge until it is time to go to bed. Life has stalled and the boy finds himself wanting to buck off the monotony of his existence. It isn’t that he doesn’t love his family or siblings, heck he would give his life if it meant they would live. It is just… he wants more.

That is why Kore finds himself wandering further away from the place where his family resides, to this land that is almost in constant flux. The desolate land stretches out before his dark paws and he slows moves, eyes far away, while he quietly ponders the meaning of his life. Paws silently tread across the cracked ground as the boy made of galaxies walks, legs skirting fallen trees, without him even noticing.

Suddenly the wind shifts and Kore is pulled from his musings and the stops to lift his head a little higher as the breeze brings to his ears a subtle sound. Ears twitch, working to pull the noise in as he tries to understand what he is hearing. Curiosity pulls the boy forward, long legs pushing the gangly teen toward the source of the noise. Soon, a form resolves in the distance, a bright spot of gold against the bleak and desolate landscape.

Legs move faster as Kore trots toward them, the blurry form resolving into a beautiful canine. Wonder tugs at his features as he approaches, the slender, beautiful, exotic female captures the boy’s full attention. The caterwauling that she is making erases the nebula-hued wolf’s awestruck look and replaces it with concern. As he gets closer, Kore gently calls out, “Excuse me, miss. Are you okay?” Mentally he kicks himself for even asking that. Of course, she isn’t okay, she wouldn’t be making such a ruckus if she was.

"Kore Regni"

Angelique

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-06-2022, 06:12 PM
"Aider! Ma patte est coincée dans ce trou !" She yelled in French, already aware that most of the wolves in this land did not speak it. She yipped and tried to tug her paw free, succeeding in a sharp pain shooting up her leg. Her neck swayed in her fit, jerking and contorting as she flailed her head around. That is what happened when the young man asked if she was okay. She didn't stop, she kept going. As if that would even help her. Feeling exhausted after about five minutes of this, she sighed and lowered her neck.

Out of the corner of her eye, she at least looked at him. "Ma patte" she tried slowly this time, gesturing to her long limb with her free paw "is, ah, stuck..." Angel flustered from both having thrown a fuss over it and also indignant over letting a man see her do such a thing. The Saluki jerked her head away from him, frowning at the space in front of her. It did not help that he was rather good-looking... for a beast! Tall dark and obviously handsome had a name, and she did not know it "I do not know how to get it out." She added helpfully. Her paw was stuck in a crevice, the long leg only able to move a bit from her efforts.

Kore

Loner

Expert Fighter (165)

Advanced Intellectual (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Ooh La La
08-06-2022, 10:21 PM

Strange, foreign words fall from the beautiful creature’s lips and, while they are yelled, Kore cannot help but immediately fall in love with the accent that laces them. The female yips and flails her head which has his dark brows furrowing in worry and confusion. What is ailing her? How is he supposed to help? The concern that had colored his light blue eyes turns into full-blown alarm the longer she struggles and makes noises. Anxiety creeps along his nerves, making the slightly taller wolf shift his weight from side to side in uncertainty. He hates the hopeless feeling that raises in his chest, drowning out all logical and rational thinking.

Without realizing it, the boy painted with galaxies makes soft, gentle, comforting noises to try and still the struggling lady, hoping that she will be able tell him how to help. Finally, the exhausted woman looks to him and speaks more unknown words and a frown to tugs his lips downward. Maybe she doesn’t speak the same language? But then the pretty lady is gesturing to her long limb that is stuck and brokenly telling him as much. Heat flares along his cheeks as Kore turns his gaze to the trapped limb, again mentally kicking himself for not noticing earlier. She seems ashamed, the way she jerks her head away speaking of embarrassment.

A small smile tugs his dark lips upwards as she admits the problem and Kore takes a step forward, moving toward the trapped limb. Gently, he says, “It’s okay, pretty lady. I have gotten my paw trapped a few times. I can help you get it free.” Stepping up beside her, his eyes fall once more to the earth while he folds his haunches to sit. Lifting one of his front paws in preparation to help, the boy suddenly hesitates and casts his gaze back to the lady’s face. Offering her a small, reassuring smile, he says, “My name is Kore. I promise I will try my best not to hurt you. If you feel any pain, please tell me.”

With that done, he looks back to the trapped paw and gently maneuvers his own paw down to her petite ankle. Slowly, carefully, he manipulates the joint, keeping vigilant to avoid causing her pain. With time and effort, the paw eventually slides free.

"Kore Regni"

Angelique

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
4 hours ago
If such bad luck would stop happening, she would not be able to justify making a fool of herself. "Merci, gentil monsieur" she uttered to him as he moved closer. Perhaps Angel should be more hesitant to accept assistance from wolves... She learned growing up they are brutal, yet Takeshi had been kind. Kore was kind too. A light pink dust settled against her cheeks proclaiming she was 'pretty' "je suis Angélique." Er, no. He did not understand.

Right. "I am Angelique" she said, repeating her words in the common tongue. He tries to work the paw from the ground, and eventually it slips out. She winced once or twice, but being trapped was worse than any pain she felt at the moment. Ever the damsel in distress, she muses bitterly to herself. One day, she would be able to stand on her own paws! "thank you. Thank you" she uttered, breathless as she takes the bruised paw and places it tenderly against the earth "you are too kind..."

She wished to thank him, so she leans forward to place a gentle smooch against his cheek. If allowed, that is. He could even bite her in such close proximity, but she has never been one to reject showing gratitude. Angel leans back. "H-Have you, perhaps, seen some that look like me?" Takeshi hadn't mentioned seeing any of her travelling band "ones that speak like me?" She held hope, perhaps, they could be found.