size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Shelby

Ice Bridge ExplorerPride - Pansexual
07-22-2021, 02:02 AM
Now that they were fully settled into their new camp he felt more free to focus on other things. He had spent quite a lot of time with Duchess since they began their travels since the both of them were equally interested in scouting and exploring, but with all the tension that had been around the band lately - and specifically around Duchess - after Aslatiel's visit he felt like he needed to break away from her for a bit and enjoy some time with the other members of his purple family. He hadn't gotten to spend any time alone with Emersyn since the first day they spent together out on the plains when they were still living in The Hallows and as much as he loved seeing her in their day to day lives and doing things around the camp with her he wanted to pull her away for a little time to themselves.

Segin packed a few supplies in a satchel and then went to Emersyn, taking away whatever she was doing and putting it to the side. "Come on! You're coming with me!" he demanded with a grin, his tail wagging behind him as he reached up to kiss her cheek. "We're going to go relax and I'm not taking no for an answer!" With that he led her away form the falls and out toward a cliff side he had spotted during some of his scouting, walking through the field dotted with flowers till they got close enough to the cliff to be able to see the ocean clearly from where they were. It was a clear, pleasant day which had become a bit of a rarity with all the rain that had been going on so he didn't want them to miss out. It was later in the after noon, nearing evening, so the air was brisk, but not uncomfortable. He settled down onto his stomach after he slid the satchel off of his neck and then grinned up at Emersyn again, patting the grass beside him.

Segin Epsilon

Emersyn

The Nomad Band

Intermediate Fighter (50)
Intermediate Intellectual (40)
gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
07-22-2021, 03:14 AM
Emersyn had been feeling more than a little on edge lately since the pack had arrived at the waterfalls just outside several packs' lands. Beyond being situated between three clusters of wolves she knew nothing about, there was the tense meeting with Indigo's sister Asla, as well as Duchess' extremely odd and concerning behavior. Just the other night, she had caught the small purple girl slipping out on her own and had been about to chase her down when she saw Indigo go after her and allowed the man to do so instead. She didn't exactly like how Duchess was behaving around Indigo, or around Segin now for that matter either, but they were all grown adults (though sometimes she questioned that) and could do as they pleased. Either way, things had been feeling tense in the band since their inception and departure from the Hallows castle. Em had been working nearly nonstop to make sure the pack was safe and everyone was accounted for and not trying to get themselves killed. That in of itself was a full time job.

This day, she had been killing time sitting beside the stream that ran from the falls while she kept and eye on their goat herd, idly tossing rocks into the water. Just as she picked up another rock, Segin came trotting up briskly and snatched the stone from her paw, tossing it away and commanding her to follow him in the most cheery way, all smiles all the time. His lips met her cheek in a kiss and he declared they were going to relax, all before Em had the chance to say or do anything. "Uhh... okay?" she replied, too much in a state of shock to really argue with him on it. Everyone was off doing their own thing any way, and there hadn't been any traces of danger she'd found; perhaps she could afford some time to unwind. Emersyn rose to her paws and followed the smaller brute eastward away from their camp, all the while wondering where they were going and what he had planned for them. Relaxing wasn't exactly something Em had done a lot of in her life, so this would be uncharted territory for her.

The pair of wolves arrived at a beautiful scenic cliff with verdant grass and wildflowers as far as the eye could see. From the cliff, the eastern sea could be seen turning a dark navy as the sun drifted from afternoon toward evening, still sparkling where the sun's rays managed to hit it. There was a pleasant coastal breeze that kept the air cool, but not chilly. Em watched with a raised brow as Segin got himself comfortable on his stomach and patted the grass beside him, looking up to her expectantly. "You certainly know how to pick a location," she commented with a smile, coming over to flop across the grass beside Segin, so close their fur was just beginning to brush against each other's. She was still getting used to the idea of having other wolves near her, but dammit she was trying! "Special occasion, or are you just being sweet to me again?" She fixed him with a softer, warmer gaze along with her smile. Segin was such a gentle sweetheart; he really was the heart and soul of their little family.

"Emersyn"

Segin

The Nomad Band

Advanced Healer (80)
Expert Navigator (200)
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Shelby

07-24-2021, 06:21 PM
He grinned proudly when she complimented the location he had picked, his tail wagging through the grass and flowers behind him. "Thanks! I saw it when I was out scouting the other day and I thought it was too good of a place to pass up for a little picnic." As she got laid down beside him he started pulling out a few things from the bag he had packed for them. He naturally leaned into her as their sides brushed, not even thinking twice about brushing his tail against her thigh. He cared for everyone in the band in one way or another, but Emersyn was extra special to him. Indigo probably still had top spot in his list of favorites and loves, but Emersyn was a very, very close second. He looked up to her two toned eyes when she asked if it was a special occasion or if he was being sweet and he returned her smile with a small shrug. "Just being sweet I guess. I wanted to spend time with you," he answered honestly, leaning up to affectionately nuzzle her neck.

Turning back to the supplies he brought, be pulled out a little bundle of berries he had gathered the other day, unfolding the cloth to reveal some strawberries and blueberries. He also laid out a couple pieces of dried meats in case Emersyn was hungry and finally sat a bottle beside their treats. "I've been experimenting with making some wines like they had at The Hallows," he said with a smirk. "I thought maybe you'd help me taste test it and see if it's any good?" He didn't think it was half bad, but he was only one pallet out of many so he wanted to get all of their opinions. Besides, what could possibly be better than snacking on some berries and drinking some wine while watching a sunset?

Segin Epsilon

Emersyn

The Nomad Band

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
07-24-2021, 06:55 PM
Segin responded with his usual bright, cheery demeanor, telling her how he'd found this spot and wanted to have a picnic here amidst nuzzles to her neck. She did have to admit that it was the perfect picnic spot. Not too hot, not too cool, just the right amount of sun and breeze, a beautiful view... Emersyn didn't often let her imagination run free, but if she did, this is what she would probably think of. She watched him with a curious gaze while Segin began to produce a small meal from his satchel along with a bottle of wine. She felt him shift to lean his side more readily into hers, and Em couldn't help but smirk at the affectionate little wolf. She was still getting used to the whole "physical affection" thing, but Segin was making it easier for her all the time. When his fluffy tail brushed over her thigh, Em gave a little twitch and glanced down at their hind ends with a knowing smirk to Segin, who was still not paying attention as he emptied the satchel he'd brought.

As Segin unveiled their picnic, Em's duo-toned eyes lit up with excitement. "You know, I've never had strawberries before," she remarked, picking up a strawberry and turning it around in her paw. She popped the berry into her mouth and chewed experimentally. The sweet rush of sugary juices coated her tongue, and Em's eyes opened wide with delight at the taste. "They're good!" As Segin explained how he'd taken up winemaking as a hobby, she gave him an impressed sideways glance and took the bottle by the neck, popping the cork with a single claw. "Well, look at you go, you little sommelier," she teased the brute at her side, giving the fumes from the bottle an experimental sniff. It didn't smell rancid at the least.

At his request, she took a sampling swig from the bottle, swishing the dark fluid . The taste of sweet fermented grapes ran over her tastebuds, and although the initial bitterness of alcohol made her body give a little shiver, the flavor was nice and fruity. "That's pretty good! Hope it's strong too." She chuckled and took another sip, this one more for enjoyment than studying, and passed the bottle over to him. Picking up another strawberry and popping it into her mouth, Emersyn looked out across the ocean as it sparkled in the sunset and twilight. It reminded her so much of her home, back in those warm, temperate isles, not that she really remembered that much of it. "How are you liking our new life so far? Still happy?" she asked Segin, glancing down to him with a gentle smile while she placed an affectionate lick to his forehead right between his mismatched ears.

"Emersyn"

Segin

The Nomad Band

Advanced Healer (80)
Expert Navigator (200)
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Shelby

07-27-2021, 09:34 PM
Segin's expression lit up when Emersyn mentioned how she had never had strawberries before and he watched her curiously as she picked one up to examine it. He was so excited about unknowingly bringing something to their picnic that was a new experience for her so he could see her enjoy it for the first time. The wine was a bit more of a toss up since some wolves liked it and some didn't, but he hadn't met a single wolf that didn't like strawberries! As soon as she started to chew and he saw the delight in her eyes he knew she was no exception. He grinned happily, his tail wagging behind him. "Good! I'm glad you like them! There's plenty so help yourself." Once the attention was turned to his homemade wine, he smiled shyly at her teasing and waited anxiously for her to take a sip. When she didn't react negatively to it right away he figured it must be at least good enough to drink. She confirmed his suspicion and he grinned, happy that his experiment was going over well. "I guess we'll find out if its strong soon enough," he joked with a chuckle before he took the bottle to get a drink himself.

For a moment they were quiet, each of them enjoying the berries and the wine while they looked out at the gorgeous view. He was perfectly content in that moment, leaned into Emersyn's side while the warmth of the wine started to fill his stomach, a little smile lingering on his lips. This was just what he needed and he hoped that it was what she needed too. She always worked so hard and he knew she had been doing even more while Indigo was working through his own personal things. When she spoke, asking him if he was still happy with their life, he lifted his silver gaze to hers, his smile brightening when he looked at her two-toned eyes. "I am," he agreed easily without having to consider it much. Despite the current tension around certain things, it was hard to not be happy living this life in comparison to how his life had once been. His smile grew to a full grin and he giggled softly when she kissed the top of his head, his ears flicking bashfully.

He picked up another of the strawberries with his claws and then lifted it up to her, offering it to her with a smile. "What about you? Are you glad you stayed?" he asked curiously. He knew he had at least partially been the cause for her to stay with them instead of leaving to go back out on her own after she got an injured Indigo back to The Hallows, so he hoped that his recommendation and his insistence that she be part of their family hadn't made her unhappy. He took another drink of the wine as they talked quietly back and forth, passing it to her as they took turns slowly chipping away at the bottle.

Segin Epsilon

Emersyn

The Nomad Band

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
08-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Emersyn cast a sweet smile down to little Segin. He was such a genuinely good sweetheart and she was so happy to have a wolf like him in her life. "Thank you, I will," she remarked as she popped another two strawberries into her mouth, chewing happily. She snickered when Segin made a comment about finding out how strong his wine was shortly before downing a swig himself. She'd had wine on a number of occasions before, usually as treats from her former master for winning tournaments. It had ranged from acidic piss to delicious ambrosia, and though Segin's wasn't a perfect first attempt, it was a damn good start! He certainly had a future in wine making, one she'd be happy to be his test audience for. As the two of them lay together with their sides pressed to one another's, watching the sunset and the water, Em took the time to really appreciate the moment and realize what her life had turned into. She might not have had the best start, but for once, her life actually appeared to be shaping up to be something worth living.

While they relaxed and enjoyed their picnic, Em took a piece of dried meat and began to chew on it, washing down each mouthful with a swallow of wine. Each mouthful filled her belly with a slowly growing warmth. She was larger than Segin was and it would take a little more of the alcohol for her to begin feeling the effects, but the more she drank, the more she began to realize that Segin had indeed fermented the wine to be strong. They were only about a quarter of the way through the bottle together and already she could feel a lightheadedness and relaxation that came when she'd usually downed an entire bottle alone. She watched Segin's bright silver eyes with contented joy when he confirmed he was happy with their new band life. "Good. You deserve to be," she remarked, taking another sip of wine and passing the bottle to her companion.

Em blinked in surprise when Segin offered a strawberry up to her lips, a warm flush coming over her cheeks, though whether it was from the wine or shyness she couldn't tell. No one had ever tried to feed her like that before. With her ears folding back and a girly smile on her face, she gently took the strawberry between her teeth and rolled it back into her mouth with her tongue, chewing on it with a contented sigh. Segin asked if she was glad she stayed and Em nodded without a moment of hesitation. "I am. If I'd left, I knew there'd be a good chance I'd be dead, either by the hunters or my own paws." She turned her gaze back to Segin with a little smirk. "Plus there's no way I could ever say no to those adorable puppy eyes you put on. You're far too good at begging, y'know that, Segin?"

She tittered under her breath, bringing a strawberry up to his lips to offer one to him in return, a playful smirk on her face. Once he'd taken the berry, she took the wine bottle back and downed another mouthful, feeling that warmth grow even more within her. "Thank you for doing this for me," she said after a moment, dipping her head to nuzzle the side of his neck in appreciation. "It really means a lot to me." She didn't know if it was the wine or Segin or just her overall improving mental health and comfort around physical touch, but Em was feeling way more affectionate around Segin than she'd ever been with any other wolf before—save for maybe the one night she'd spent with Indigo. But with Segin it was different—it was special because he was special. He was her medicine to a poisoned life and she'd never be able to truly express how much he'd done for her simply by existing.

"Emersyn"