size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
07-17-2021, 06:05 PM

Áskell stalked around the lake, occasionally reaching up and swatting at the cattails nearby in order to send several lightning bugs scattering into the air. Evening was fast approaching and the bugs were still out though not in the swarms he'd hoped. He'd heard tales from the older wolves of the land being as saturated with lightning bugs as the sky was with stars. Áskell assumed that had to do with the cold weather they'd had. Maybe next year. He continued on his way, trailing around the lake with his tail wagging lightly and gently brushing the cat tails. In the distance an owl hooted and he could hear the low hum of cicadas.

Azzurra

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)
Beginner Hunter (0)
gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shelby

Pride - Bisexual
07-20-2021, 10:32 PM

Azzurra stood at the edge of the pack's borders for quite some time, hesitant and uncertain. She had never stepped outside of the pack and while she felt confident that she was getting better and stronger with each passing day, the thought of going outside of Abaven - especially on her own - made her nervous. She had heard someone talk about the lake that was near by that fireflies congregated around and the thought mystified her enough to at least bring her to the edge of the rustling thicket, but actually crossing the border for her first solo adventure was another story. What finally tipped her over the edge was the thought of going back to their den only to find her father still hadn't returned. It didn't matter that Balthier had seen him leave or that he insisted that his father wasn't going to come back. She still held out hope that he'd return. She liked to believe that he'd realize the mistake he made and come back to them, even if that was a foolish dream at best. She moved forward toward the lake, the cat tail plants that surrounded it quickly coming into view. Even as she pushed her way through the cat tails she could feel her energy waning and by the time she was at the water's edge she was beginning to wonder if coming out here was a mistake after all. She sat down on her haunches with a heavy sigh, looking out over the water as the sun set and darkness started to creep in, taking a moment to catch her breath while she watched for the fire flies that she had come to see.

"Azzurra"

Áskell

Habari
Erelim

Master Intellectual (240)
Master Fighter (245)

Tactician
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

07-21-2021, 08:19 PM

Áskell's pace slowed as he watched the fireflies for a moment. They fluttered about, winking here and there with their little yellow lights. Soon, though, he continued on his way. He worked back around a lake but slowed as he caught a strangers scent. Peeking curiously through the cat tails he spied a small and pretty yearling sitting at the edge of the lake. He immediately wanted to speak with her, but hesitated for a moment. What should he even say?

Deciding it would be creepy for him to just stand there staring he cleared his throat to alert her to his presence before striding out of the cattails. His shoulders were back and his tail wagging lightly as he smiled at her. "Hello there, I'm Áskell Klein. What brings you out to the lake on this lovely evening?"

Azzurra

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)
gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shelby

Pride - Bisexual
07-24-2021, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 02:41 AM by Azzurra. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)

Azzurra slowly began to catch her breath and picked up one front paw at a time to flex and stretch her ankles. Building up any sort of muscle or endurance was such a hard thing to do it seemed and even a short walk like that had taken a lot out of her. Now she just hoped that she could make it back on her own alright. Of course she knew Balthier would come looking for her if she didn't come back home so there wasn't that much to worry about, but it was still a thought that crossed her mind. She didn't like feeling so helpless and useless, but what else could she do? An illness she couldn't control left her frail and now this was her uphill battle to fight.

The sound of someone clearing their throat behind her made her jump a little with surprise and her head turned back till wide sapphire eyes landed on the male that was approaching her. He had interesting eyes, one deep blue and the other rich green, which stood out even more because of his neutral colored fur. He was bigger than her, but not quite as big as Balthier and seemed to be at least a little older than them too. He approached her with a friendly smile and a confident stance, making a similar smile pull at her own lips. She had never really spoken with anyone outside of her father and siblings before, but he seemed nice with how he greeted her. It didn't really cross her mind that there could be wolves out there that didn't have pleasant intentions - her world had only ever consisted of the walls of her den.

Her short fluff of a tail wiggled in response, grinning at him brightly. "Hello, I'm Azzurra... Azzurra Destruction," she clarified since he had given her his full name first, her voice naturally soft and lilting. She had followed her brother's lead in dropping their mother's portion of their name and she was slightly grateful that there was now less name to say when introducing herself. "I wanted to come see the fireflies," she added to answer his question, giving a brief glance out at the water where a few of the glowing bugs could be seen flickering through the air. "I heard some wolves in the pack mentioning them and I had never come out here before." She didn't want to admit that she had never been out of the pack at all to the stranger, not wanting to appear as sheltered and ignorant of the world as she was. Her gaze lifted back to him again with another sweet smile. "What about you?"

"Azzurra"

Áskell

Habari
Erelim

Master Fighter (245)

Tactician
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

07-26-2021, 07:18 PM

Áskell watched the girl jump a little before greeting him with a smile, her little tail catching his attention and make him grin wider. How cute! He'd didn't know many wolves with a bobbed tail and he couldn't help but wonder if it was a battle injury though the girl didn't strike him as the fighting type. She introduced herself as Azzurra Destruction. "Wow, that's an intense last name." Wait was that rude? "I mean it's a good name though." Nice save, dumbass.

He couldn't explain what was happening to him or what he was feeling other than the girl was very pretty and he wanted her to like him. She spoke of the fireflies and he nodded eagerly. "Yea, same! I'd heard there would be thousands of them here but I guess its a bit late in the year for those numbers." Crap, crap, he should say something else. Umm… his stomach flipped as he tried to figure out how to carry on the conversation. He was never this awkward. What was happening? "So umm… I noticed you have a pack scent. Do you live around here?"

Azzurra

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)
gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shelby

Pride - Bisexual
07-29-2021, 12:12 AM

Azzurra blinked with surprise with Áskell asserted that her last name was "intense" and her head tipped slightly at the thought. It wasn't something she had ever really considered since it was so common around Abaven, but she supposed it did seem like an intense name for someone as small and frail as her. Perhaps if she was a bigger, more impressive looking wolf like her brother he wouldn't have thought much of it. If she had decided to call herself Azzurra Loire that would probably be far more pretty and feminine, but she'd rather be named after her father than her mother if she was going to chose. She giggled softly when he quickly aded a compliment, saying it was a good name as if to cover himself for the sudden outburst about her name. "Thank you," she told him with a little grin, her short tail wiggling again.

She hummed with a bit of disappointment when he pointed out how it was probably a little late in the season for the big clouds of fireflies that she had heard in the descriptions of others, her sapphire gaze shifting away to look out at the few fire flies she could see. They were still pretty, but not at all like what she had imagined. "Hm... I guess you're right," she replied with a sigh, her ears flicking back dejectedly. After all the work she put in to come out here and now she wouldn't even get to see the fireflies the lake was named after. "Well, I guess I'll have to come back next year," she added with a little shrug.

She was about to get up to start going back toward home since her reason for being here was taken away when Àskell spoke again, making her ears perk and bringing her gaze back up to his two toned eyes. She smiled and nodded in agreement when he questioned if she lived near here, replying, "Yes! I live in Abaven, just back over that way," she said, lifting her foreleg that had a swirl of white wrapping up to her elbow to point in the direction she came. "You live in a pack too right? What's your pack's name?" She was completely oblivious to the other packs in Boreas and Auster. The only one she vaguely knew of was The Hallows because her mother had lived there and Ashen because Balthier had gone to a tournament there recently. Otherwise she had no idea how many there were or what their names were.

"Azzurra"

Áskell

Habari
Erelim

Master Fighter (245)

Tactician
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

1 hour ago (This post was last modified: 1 hour ago by Áskell. Edited 3 times in total. Edited 3 times in total.)

Áskell felt a distinct sense of relief when the girl giggled, clearly not taken to much offense to his surprise at her last name. Her little tail continued to wag and he grinned. "I like your tail. Has it always been like that?" He figured she'd either been born with it or it was the result of an injury.

Azzurra spoke about coming back again next year and he nodded. "Yea, me too!" He was determined to see the firefly show in all its glory.  She started to get up and his heart sank a bit but before she left completely she explained that she was from Abaven and asked him about his pack. He brightened. "I'm from Habari! We live on mountain that exploded years back, before I was born. If you climb clear to the top you can still see the melted rock. I'd be happy to show you some time!"