ardent

smokescreens and cigarettes

Resin



Percy

The Hallows
Kin

Beginner Navigator (0)
Beginner Hunter (0)
age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
92
size
Medium
build
Medium
posts
30
player
NachoMumma
09-20-2020, 08:00 PM


The small squirrel was tugging on her ears again, trying to turn her back towards the springs, but the deep burn of anxiety in her gut couldn’t be ignored. Of course she... kinda remembered she was meant to stay, that she belonged... For all the good it did her. Askan’s scent was all over the place and at least that was familiar in amongst all the weirdness, but she was raised with pretty strict rules and it was instinctive. It didn’t change the fact that she felt like she was trespassing, and about to have her ass handed to her at any moment.

At least out here, with the running water and the fresh scent of ozone she could breath. Not that her shoulders would unknot, or her head stop it’s panicked throbbing. She flopped to the ground, pressing her paws over her head and mumbled, "This was a bad idea Theo..." She tried to ignore the gentle way he tutted at her and passed his paws through the thinnest fur over her temples.

"Percy". "Theo".

this city’s gonna break my heart
[Image: 9Fr76Pv.png]



Resin

The Hallows
Aegis

Master Fighter (250)
Master Hunter (240)

age
7 Years
gender
Female
gems
221
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
posts
404
player
Resin
09-20-2020, 08:21 PM


The scarred woman had been out inspecting the land that she intended to claim next when a scent drifted to her on the wind. She didn't recognize each of them yet, and the more timid ones she recognized even less. Coming around one of the large rocks at the top, the woman's single gaze rested on the small form of the one that Askan had called Percy. There was a rodent on her back, tugging on her ears. That... was interesting.

Coming forward, Resin approached the earthen woman. Ears flicked forward as she heard the words uttered to the squirrel "What was a bad idea?" She kept her growling, damaged tones as soft as possible. She'd been told that this one was skittish and a little damaged. if there was something wrong with the girl, she intended to help her.

"Speech"
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]



Percy

The Hallows
Kin

Beginner Navigator (0)
Beginner Hunter (0)
age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
92
size
Medium
build
Medium
posts
30
player
NachoMumma
09-20-2020, 09:02 PM


Percy visibly flinched when it became evident she was no longer alone, but managed a rueful smile as she peeked out from between her paws and her eyes fell on the giant woman from the meeting. "No offence intended o’course," she allowed her tail to thud nervously against the ground at her back, "But I forget, an’ bein’ in a pack makes me nervy. I wake up, an’ think I’m trespassing. Theo," she tipped her head up to indicate to her squirrel friend, "tells me I’ve run out on plenty before. ‘S not as bad as it was, at least I kinda remember sometimes with that gross stuff ‘e keeps jammin’ down my throat... But I don’ wanna fuck this up for Askan, y’know?" Her ears had turned back, there was no point bullshitting the woman who had invited her into her home.

She flinched as the squirrel knocked on her temple over her scar, "See missus? ‘er heads broke, but she’s a good nut. She’ll be right. Just needs some time t’remember." The squirrel squeaked proudly, puffing out his chest as he did so.

"Percy". "Theo".

this city’s gonna break my heart
[Image: 9Fr76Pv.png]



Resin

The Hallows
Aegis

Master Fighter (250)
Master Hunter (240)

age
7 Years
gender
Female
gems
221
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
posts
404
player
Resin
09-20-2020, 09:19 PM


Black ears perked as she listened to the words that the small female spoke. It seemed that she had some memory issues. Percy asked that she not be offended and the big woman chuckled softly. "No need to worry. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright." She seated herself, intent on talking to the girl. "Thankfully we're just a small pack for now. You should have a lot of space here and no one pressuring you. I'm actually surprised that we ran into one another." The woman brought her singular gaze to scan the falls. "I'm thinking of claiming this place. What do you think, Percy?"

The little squirrel explained that her head was a little busted up. He was obviously her caretaker. "She's lucky to have you, Theo." He was a useful companion and seemed to care for the addled girl. "What do you like to do, Percy? What do you enjoy? What makes you happy?" She was intent on learning all about the young woman. The more she knew, the better she could help her.

"Speech"
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]



Percy

The Hallows
Kin

Beginner Navigator (0)
Beginner Hunter (0)
age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
92
size
Medium
build
Medium
posts
30
player
NachoMumma
09-20-2020, 09:35 PM


The Avalon felt some of her anxiety ebbing away at the easy way Resin responded. Her shoulders dropped back and the sweep of her tail in the dirt was looser. It was true, there weren’t a lot of eyes on her, which helped, but she had only just been getting used to having Askan push her around. It was a big adjustment.

Burning eyes swept over the gentle falls, an absent minded smile crossing her lips as she watched the way the sunlight gleamed off the waters surface. "I think it’s a good place for troubled heads." Her laugh was self depreciative, "I think it suits what y’said you want this place t’be down t’the last stone." It would put her heart at ease having a bit more space to stretch her limbs and would probably keep Askan happy that she was sticking closer to established borders too.

The next question though, was a trickier one. "I’m not used t’sittin’ still." She offered with a shrug, as to what she enjoyed, well, it was only recently she had begun to remember what had happened the day before, and even that was questionable sometimes. She looked up to Theo, he’d remember better than she did. "When she could remember, she liked to gather th’ herbs for th’ healers." He offered hopefully, "I still remember some, could help ‘er spot ‘em." Percy smiled, that did sound like something that fit her.

"Percy". "Theo".

this city’s gonna break my heart
[Image: 9Fr76Pv.png]



Resin

The Hallows
Aegis

Master Fighter (250)
Master Hunter (240)

age
7 Years
gender
Female
gems
221
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
posts
404
player
Resin
09-21-2020, 10:57 AM


Percy seemed to relax a bit. Resin could see the tense shoulders drop a bit and her smile seemed more genuine than forced. To further make the young wolf feel at ease, the big fae's forelegs slid outward until she lay on her stomach. Ears perked as Percy spoke her mind about the falls. Resin nodded in agreement. She also felt as though they'd be a good place for a pack. The high vantage point, the space. The fresh, running water that would most likely never freeze due to the heat coming up from below. It was ideal.

Percy said that she wasn't use to sitting still and Resin chuckled lightly. "Nor am I. I like to keep my paws busy, whether it's patrolling, hunting, or recently... building." She had been crafting dens for those that would most likely still arrive. Her own was currently meager, but it was enough for now. Once she had enough spaced for other bodies, she would work on fortifying her own. Tamsyn and her pups would need a good place to live and she would definitely give them that.

The squirrel spoke up, mentioning herb gathering and Resin looked at Percy thoughtfully. "If the pair of you could work on gathering herbs for the healers, I would be most appreciative." It would give the girl a task to complete daily. Perhaps the repetition would help to fix her brain and bring back her memories. "You can bring them to me, if you wish. I can hand them over to the healers until you're comfortable with it." Theo could remind Percy daily of their task. Once they'd done that for a while, maybe she would send the girl out hunting small game. "What do you think?" It was important for one so fragile to know that they had a choice in the matter.

"Speech"
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]



Percy

The Hallows
Kin

Beginner Navigator (0)
Beginner Hunter (0)
age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
92
size
Medium
build
Medium
posts
30
player
NachoMumma
10-04-2020, 08:29 PM


If she didn’t have to stay contained to the borders, then maybe it wouldn’t be so bad? She nodded her agreement, eyes almost closing with the stretch of her grin. "I think I’d like that," she answered honestly, not realising Theo’s grinned matched her own. It wasn’t just the forgetting that got her feeling down, it was also knowing that she was a burden on others. At least this way she could work a bit to earn her keep, to help repay some of the kindness shown to her. "I can start today if you want?" She offered readily, no time like the present and all that, and simply having a goal already lit a fire under he ass. She was going to try to be the best herb gatherer they’d ever had. Hopefully it would get easier for her to know what she was looking for if she repeated the task enough.

"Percy". "Theo".

this city’s gonna break my heart
[Image: 9Fr76Pv.png]



Resin

The Hallows
Aegis

Master Fighter (250)
Master Hunter (240)

age
7 Years
gender
Female
gems
221
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
posts
404
player
Resin
10-17-2020, 04:36 AM
Still laying on her stomach, Resin considered the girl. Percy seemed eager to please. It was a good thing. Perhaps her mind was damaged but her spirit was still there. There was a willingness to try new things that left the big fae feeling hopeful.

Percy offered to start today and the one-eyed dame chuckled. "Start whenever you feel comfortable. Whatever you find, bring it to Meadow, Luta or myself. They could tell you exactly what you have and perhaps teach you about the plants uses whereas I cannot. Your choice though." Resin rose and shook out her thick pelt. She'd done enough sitting for now. "Back to work. Good meeting you, Percy and Theo. If you need anything, let me know." With a final nod, Resin took her leave. She would circle around the edge of the territory to mark as she made her way back to the springs to dig. As she did so, the woman smiled at the track already being worn into the earth from all of the patrolling paws.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]