gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-30-2020, 11:57 PM

Of the time since he joined Valhalla, he had to admit that a large portion of it had been spent in the plains portion of their territory. He had been through the moor that neighbored it, but hadn't really spent much time there. As he crossed the misty, grassy area he was honestly a bit amazed that it was still so foggy even though it was the middle of the day. He would have assumed that the sun high above him would have driven most of it away, but somehow there was still a good amount of mist collected around his ankles. It made him wonder how foggy it could get here on a cloudy day or maybe early in the morning.

He hummed a tune softly to himself as he walked with long, easy strides. There seemed to be a lot of herbs and such around here, but he couldn't identify most of them. He was sure his cousins would find them all much more interesting than he did, but it was nice to know that they were here all the same. Maybe he should ask Daelos to teach him which herbs his mother needed so he could collect them for her whenever he came out here again.

Just as the thought crossed his mind he was immediately distracted by an odd configuration of stones that slowly came into view. The mist seemed even more thick around this area and it gave the whole thing a very mysterious feel. It caught his attention if nothing else and he started walking around the stones and examining them curiously. His tail wagged gently behind him as he looked up toward the top of them, his head tipping slightly to the side with curiosity.

"Talk"

Caelia

Valhalla
Courage

Advanced Intellectual (70)
Expert Fighter (175)
gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
nyx

VolcanoChristmas 2019
07-31-2020, 07:07 PM
Caelia rarely went to the plains herself, though not for lack of want. Vericona Plains simply felt more like home to her - generally she found more wolves than there in the moor. Though it was admittedly easier to navigate, the seemingly constant mist that clung to the earth was definitely distracting. It was peaceful in its own right, she had to admit - and with the sun standing high in the sky it was much less eerie than it had the tendency to be during.. well, any other hour of the day. Today she wasn't feeling particularly social though, not that she was the most social of wolves to begin with, and so she found herself staking out on a quiet patrol of her own, headed toward the peculiar stones that inhabited a section of the moor.

As she drew closer she became aware that another had come this way. His scent was crisp and clear, and though she knew his name - he was a packmate, after all - she knew next to nothing about him. Being unfamiliar with her packmates wasn't such a good thing, she knew. It certainly wasn't helping her toward the path she wanted go down, the path she'd spoken to her mother about, nor the direction she'd told Aurielle she was interested in. It was time to work on changing that, even if she didn't necessarily want to at this particular moment. Quietly she made her way to the stones, surprised at how close she came before Nolan was visible, and she regarded him as he studied them, unsure whether or not he'd heard her approach. "Figure out what these stones are for yet?" Caelia started, the faintest hint of a smile visible on her lips. "I've been trying to guess since I was a pup, but I haven't come up with a good answer yet."

Nolan

Valhalla
Nerved Trace

Intermediate Fighter (30)
Novice Hunter (20)
gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-31-2020, 09:31 PM

The plush grasses and thick mists certainly did a good job at muffling sounds around him. It wasn't a fact he realized until a woman's voice met his ears and made him quickly look away from the stones he had been studying till his pale pink gaze met hers. He was so surprised by her sudden appearance - or at least what felt sudden to him - that he didn't quite know what to say at first. The atmosphere around them gave her a very mysterious air since the fog blended a bit with her snowy coat and made it seem like she had emerged from the fog somehow. It really took him catching her scent to realize that she was actually there and she wasn't a figment of his imagination.

All at once he realized that she had asked him a question and he was just standing there staring at her like an idiot. He blinked and cleared his throat as he chuckled and tried to cover up his own slip up. It made him wonder how many times he was going to look like he didn't have a single thought in his head before he was finally able to act normally around pretty women. He turned his gaze back to the stones that formed an interesting formation around them in the middle of the moor and he finally answered, "Not quite... It's the first time I've seen them though so who knows, there might still be time for me to crack the code." He chuckled softly at himself, hoping maybe a bit of humor would give him a reset of sorts for how this conversation had started.

He looked at his new acquaintance again and started to put the pieces together with who she was. There were plenty of wolves in the pack that he had heard of or seen in passing, but hadn't actually gotten to speak to yet and she was one of them. "You're Caelia, right? Sorry for not getting a chance to say hello before now... I'm Nolan." He turned to face her properly, offering her a warm smile while he tried to ignore how pricing her light green eyes were.

"Talk"

Caelia

Valhalla
Courage

Advanced Intellectual (70)
Expert Fighter (175)
gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
nyx

VolcanoChristmas 2019
08-02-2020, 03:43 PM
His eyes were quite interesting - for a moment she was reminded of the moor's purple flowers, though upon further inspection she realized the hue was quite a bit paler. She was content with the long moment of silence that stretched between them, allowing herself time to try to assess this packmate of hers. He was considerably larger than her, and wore a delicate gold necklace around his neck, a stark contrast to the rest of his masculine appearance. Caelia was intrigued, but she wasn't about to ask, not unless he clammed up completely. And a moment later he was speaking at last, admitting it was his first time here.  "Ah, maybe there's time for you yet then," she teased, with the faintest hint of a smirk

If she noticed he had been a bit strange at first, she made no acknowledgement of it now. "Yep, you got it," she confirmed her identity easily, that faint smile fading away. Caelia was never the warmest of wolves unless she really tried, and this Nolan was no exception to that rule. "No apologies needed, though. There are wolves within Valhalla I haven't gotten the chance to properly meet either. I suppose life gets the best of us all sometimes." Nothing particularly pressing had occupied her time, just her own training and the normalcy of everyday life - though she had to remind herself reaching out to her fellow packmates was just as important as those other things. "How are you finding Valhalla, since you joined?"

Nolan

Valhalla
Nerved Trace

Intermediate Fighter (30)
Novice Hunter (20)
gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby
08-03-2020, 02:21 AM

A little lopsided grin pulled at his lips when she gave him a teasing remark in return. It seemed like his awkwardness had gone unnoticed or perhaps she was just sparing him any further embarrassment by not mentioning it. Either way he was thankful to be able to move on and hopefully forget it happened. One day he would be able to meet someone new and have some sort of normal, confident greeting for them, but today clearly hadn't been that day. Hearing that he had correctly identified her did make him feel a little better. At least he had managed to remember her name which was a feat in of itself for him. He was comfortable with fighting and hunting and he certainly thought he was bright enough in some areas of his life, but little things like remembering names was sometimes beyond him.

"It certainly does," he replied with a soft chuckle when she commented on the passage of life. He knew that very, very well. It felt like no time at all had passed since he arrived here with his mother, but they had already been through a few seasons at this point. It made him wonder where all that time actually went, but if he thought about it he did suppose that he had done his fair share of stuff in that time. Even if he just considered the time he spent caring for his mother, the time he spent training and hunting, even the small amount of exploring he had been doing... All that time added up pretty quickly.

He smiled softly to her question about Valhalla and he replied, "So far so good. I wasn't really sure what to expect since this is the first time I've lived in a formal, structured pack like this one, but I think I've taken to it pretty well. Certainly not as dedicated and ambitious as Cairo seems to be, but who else is really?" he joked, poking fun at his best friend's seemingly unending energy when it came to all of these things. Being here had strangely pulled a bit more of a relaxed attitude out of him which had surprised him a great bit. When he was younger he had been such a dedicated student, but now it seemed like when he wasn't tending to his mother he only wanted to socialize and explore. Perhaps it was just because Boreas was such a wide open world that he hadn't gotten to see yet and that made him more curious about it than he would be otherwise.

"Would you like to walk with me a bit?" he asked, motioning with his head toward the direction that would lead them back toward the plains where most of the pack seemed to congregate.

"Talk"