gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-29-2020, 11:41 PM
Meadow trots along the beach toward the arenas. The small wolf wants to learn the basic skills of a fighter and Dunkan, one of the warriors she and Io had treated, was kind enough to agree to show her some moves. Not one to start conflict, Meadow just wants to know how to defend herself, should the need arise. Hopefully, the need will never come, but it is better to be prepared than caught in a battle and not know what to do. Angling her paws toward the nearest arena, Meadow stops outside the marked boundaries.

Sitting down, she awaits the arrival of the fighter. While she waits, Meadow looks out over the sea. The sun is low in the sky, it is still morning and there is a breeze that cools the air. Tide is low and she listens to the water as it laps lazily at the sand. Relaxing, allowing the sound to calm her mind, she listens for the approach of paws. As she waits, Meadow allows her thoughts to drift along with the clouds.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Avatar by skelle; Chibi by Resin; Pixel by NachoMumma
Meadow has a Great Horned Owl companion named Rigel. He is always with her unless otherwise stated.
Disclaimer: I, Hermes, always write in the Present Tense. If this makes it hard to follow my posts, please message me.

Dunkan

Ashen Armada
Warrior

Advanced Fighter (70)
Beginner Intellectual (10)
gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight
07-30-2020, 10:36 PM

When he signed to be a warrior he never expected him to be teaching someone else lessons,he was after all someone still having to learn a lot. Yes he may was now a warrior but not an expert yet as Resin or Sirius,he was just starting.But he already agreed to do this and he had no way to step back. He saw this as a way to learn himself. About what? He had no idea but he would let the time itself to say.

And there at the time and place set by them, he arrived, seeing Meadow at the distance. Urasa walked behind him but without interest in knowing what was going on, he just didnt understand wolves at all.

"Meadow," He greeted dipping his head as he took a seat before her but taking a safe distance. Urasa lied down under a tree. Looking at her with his cold eyes he would say. "Ready? You may ask whatever you want to know." He would do his best to answer what he knew so far.

"Speech"

Stock by Castlegraphics

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa,he is always with him unless told otherwise

Meadow

Ashen Armada
Student

Beginner Hunter (0)
Advanced Healer (60)
gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-31-2020, 03:19 AM
Ears swivel as she hears the approach of paws. Mind comes down from the clouds and she turns to see Dunkan and his jaguar approach. When he says her name, Meadow dips her head in great respect and greets them with a warm smile. She is extremely thankful that he has agreed to teach her. However, as the lesson starts, she finds anxiety bubbling within her. The fear quickly dies down as Dunkan lets her know it is alright to asks questions. Nodding, she says, “Well Dunkan, I don’t know a lot about fighting. I guess, my first question is, how should I stand when getting ready to defend myself? All I know is this.”

Standing, Meadow spreads her paws out to widen her stance. She knows this helps to lower her center of gravity and allows her to dodge better. Looking at Dunkan she asks, “What do I do now? What about my ears and my tail? I have heard that those are easy targets.” She looks to the larger wolf for direction, ready to do everything Dunkan instructs her to do.

"Speech!"

Meadow has a Great Horned Owl companion named Rigel. He is always with her unless otherwise stated.
Disclaimer: I, Hermes, always write in the Present Tense. If this makes it hard to follow my posts, please message me.

Dunkan

Ashen Armada
Warrior

Advanced Fighter (70)
gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight
07-31-2020, 09:58 AM

“Well Dunkan, I don’t know a lot about fighting. I guess, my first question is, how should I stand when getting ready to defend myself? All I know is this.” He observed the female's moves,how she widened her stance. That was all fine to start with. "Thats a good start,but besides widening your stance i'd lower my head and neck as well,to avoid them being easily reached." He stood up widening his own stance and lowering his neck and head. "But all depends on the fighter's preference really,that's my own recommendation but you may do as you see more fit with your fighting style." He explained not wanting to impose is stuff in others unless they so wanted.

“What do I do now? What about my ears and my tail? I have heard that those are easy targets.” "Tuck them,flat your ears to your skull and tail under you.To avoid having them as targets." He then went forward to show how. He flattened his ears against the pack of her skull,and then his tail went under his legs. "And from there you are ready to receive your opponent." He said looking at her.

"Speech"

Stock by Castlegraphics

Meadow

Ashen Armada
Student

Beginner Hunter (0)
Advanced Healer (60)
gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-31-2020, 06:02 PM
Standing, her stance wide, Meadow listens as Dunkan explains what to do next. With a nod, she watches the way he lowers his neck and head and mirrors him. Listening as Dunkan explains that it is really her preference and she dips her head in understanding. She takes a moment to try different stances, moving her head up and down until she finds a position that is comfortable for her. She asks, “Okay, is this a good stance? Is there anything I should change?” Meadow trusts Dunkan and wants to make sure that she doing the best she can.

When Meadow asks about her ears and tail, he instructs her what to do. Nodding, she pins her ears back and tucks her tail between her legs. Instinctively her lips curl back to reveal her teeth and Meadow starts to feel a little like a fighter. Lips relax as she looks at Dunkan and when he says she is ready to receive her opponent, Meadow asks, “So now, what are some good points to try to attack when I have an opponent coming at me?” She looks to Dunkan for further instruction.

"Speech!"

Dunkan

Ashen Armada
Warrior

Advanced Fighter (70)
gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight
Yesterday, 10:58 PM

“Okay, is this a good stance? Is there anything I should change?” "Hm.As long as it works for keeping your balance in check its all fine." He said calmly as he observed her posture,it was good for her to use her own likes,he himself never used other's style.He was more up to use his own,his own essence and all depended on the situation the fight could be started with.

Her next actions were great, well at least she was understanding how it was. For being his first time being a mentor he was doing fine. "Well it depended on how the approach to you. Some prefer to sneak behind you and take you on surprise.In that situation let's say the opponent comes from behind. And there you should try to avoid their jaws to be close to your vital parts.If they go for your scruff try to turn as quick as you can and attack them anywhere you find. Face, neck, ears anything." He took a brief pause.

"If they attack head-on there are many things you can do.But again it depends in what you want or not feel pain. If you want to avoid the impact you can always attempt to move from their way by either moving to your side or lowering your body enough to avoid the impact in either your chest or neck. But if you are one of those who takes risks,you would like to make yourself a wall so when they hit you they get some damage back. Like this." He switched to his left putting his muscles on his shoulders and placing his back legs some inches back, with nails digging in te soil. And putting his head down to his left side. "Like those,use your body as weapon.And never let the enemy make you lose balance and fall,if you do you'll get yourself in a really dangerous situation,"

"Speech"

Stock by Castlegraphics