size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

ExplorerVolcano1KTreat 2019
05-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Tyrian gingerly picked along the beach in search of Hjarrandi's leader. He knew the band was here because their scent littered the place, but he had seen neither hide nor hair of the stern viking woman. The young king stepped up on a sun bleached log to get a better look. He was here for business. Tyrian had put a great deal of thought into what he wanted to do with Fireside's eventually surplus and having been to Hjarrandi's market, his thoughts had immediately gone to it. He had designs and he wanted to see them to fruition, but to do it he needed an ally and who better to ask than someone who had done it before?
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Valkyrie

Hjarrandi Band
Leader

Master Intellectual (240)
Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

Critical Fail!Trick 2019
05-01-2020, 11:50 PM
Valkyrie stalked the youth through the trees as he made his way down the beach. Her eyes never strayed from his person. Each move he made, every pause to take in his surroundings, was scrutinized. As far as she knew she'd never met him before, but he walked through the territory like he knew what he was doing and she was eager to find out if it was simple stupid courage or if there was some other motivator that dictated his behavior.

When he stopped to clamor on top of a driftwood log she slipped from the trees and approached him from behind. Once Valkyrie knew she was close enough to him that he would be made uncomfortable by her nearness, she announced her presence. "Looking for something?"

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Tyrian

Fireside
King

Master Intellectual (275)
Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

05-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Having been completely oblivious to Valkyrie's approach, Tyrian startled when she suddenly appeared at his shoulder. In annoyance he side-eyed her and said nothing as he tried to smooth his mentally ruffled feathers. The slaver unnerved him. He remembered her from the market; her cold, calculating gaze as she sold her wares and studied her customers. Her gaze had been predatory and watchful in a way he was unaccustomed to seeing directed at wolves. That she would think so little of his personal space as to slip into it unannounced took some digesting on his part.

He turned to her when he could present a neutral expression. "Yes, in fact I am. I'm looking for you, Valkyrie Finnvi. I want to talk business." Tyrian lifted his chin and leveled a pointed gaze at Valkyrie. That's right, he knew her name.
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Valkyrie

Hjarrandi Band
Leader

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

Critical Fail!Trick 2019
05-09-2020, 10:44 PM
The yearling startled visibly which earned a rude approving noise from the viking woman. Valkyrie liked to treat herself with little victories - and yes, that was a victory - when dealing with strangers. She wouldn't hide her satisfaction with such things, either. The youthfulness of the boy did not exclude him from her games. She was an equal opportunity teaser. Besides, he was a big, strapping young man. Barely a boy at this point.

Valkyrie lifted a brow and made a show of eyeing Tyrian up and down after he declared his desire to do business. "Is that so," she purred. " And who are you to think you can deal with me?" He did smell like a pack so it was likely he thought that qualified him to do business, but Valkyrie was picky. She wouldn't deal with just anyone.

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Tyrian

Fireside
King

Master Intellectual (275)
Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

05-16-2020, 12:25 PM
Ignoring her tone - clearly she was trying to needle him - Tyrian took a deep breath and replied, "My name is Tyrian Imperialis, King of Fireside, a pack you may have known as Legion when it belonged to my brother Chaos." Did he have her attention yet? He'd been lurking with his dad when Chaos had gotten into a bidding war with Winterfell's alpha and he'd heard their exchange during the raid on Legion. Chaos and Valkyrie may not have been friends - calling them friendly was also probably a stretch - but they had chemistry of some sort and Tyrian was willing to bet the mention of his older brother's name might give Valkyrie pause. Enough time, hopefully, to stop her from dismissing him outright.

Instead of waiting for her to say something snarky, he launched into his proposal. "I went to your market as a child. It was an extraordinary thing and I would like to do something similar with my pack." He held up a paw quickly to stop her from dismissing him. "Before you write me off as competition, let me finish. My pack is not like your band. We deal in prey animals and their related goods, and your biggest selling point was slaves, no? We would not be the same thing. In fact, I think we could work together should that interest you someday."

Valkyrie struck him as the sort to appreciate flattery and humility when dealing with rivals, so he decided to lay it on rather thick. "If you wish to learn something well, you sit at the feet of a master and listen. I have no experience in this sort of thing and you do, which is why I wish to hire you as my advisor as I plan a market for Fireside."

Valkyrie

Hjarrandi Band
Leader

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

Critical Fail!Trick 2019
05-23-2020, 12:15 PM
Valkyrie's eyes narrowed marginally as the youth spoke. When the direction he was taking became clear to her, Valkyrie's features smoothed to a carefully cultivated neutral expression. Though she was inclined to scoff and dismiss him, his proposition was just interesting enough to warrant serious consideration. Not only that but the timing was good as she had been thinking a lot of the future lately.

She signaled her willingness to consider the proposition further by slowly sinking into a seated position. For several long moments Valkyrie studied Tyrian. She said nothing and made no further moves to betray the direction of her thoughts. Finally she took a deep breath and offered, "If I were to do such a thing, it would not be cheap. How could it be since I would be setting you up to profit for years to come."

Her eyes took on a hard, glittery edge. "So the question is: are you prepared to invest a great deal today on the promise of profiting tomorrow?"

Thread Move Log

Thread Forum From To
1. birds of a feather Soul Sand Cove 09:15 PM, 05-01-2020 07:31 PM, 07-24-2020